Chapter Seven: Lying From You

Trigger warnings for this chapter:

• Mentions of and references to abuse

• Kidnapping

--

*Monday, January 6, 2020; 1:15 P.M.*

*Linden's point of view*

...

So, I got kicked out of the house earlier. Ian said that he didn't want to see my face right then, so he told me to leave until he told me to come back.

I have absolutely no idea when he's going to tell me to come back, but based on how he kicked me out in the first place, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

I decided to go to one of the parks that are near my neighborhood. It's not usually occupied by a lot of people, so it was a great place to go if I wanted some peace and quiet.

I put on some music, and as soon as I heard it blasting through the headphones, everything around me immediately disappeared.

I went and laid down in the grass, and I stared up at the sky. It unseasonably warm today, and there were a few clouds in the sky.

After about 15 minutes, I fell asleep. I could still hear the music playing in my headphones, and I don't know how long I was asleep for, but I woke up to someone saying, "Well, hey there, stranger."

I paused my music, and I looked up.

It was Adrian.

*start of split points of view*

key:
Adrian: underlined
Linden: bold

"What are you doing here?" I groggily ask, as my eyes start to focus on her more.

"I saw someone laying in the grass, and I wanted to see who it was. I didn't even know that it was you." She replied.

Adrian lays down beside me.

"So, what brings you here today?" She asks.

"If I tell you, will you promise not to get mad?" I sheepishly ask.

"Promise."

"OK."

I take a deep breath.

"Ian kicked me out of the house."

"He did what, now?" I replied. "Why?"

"He said that he didn't want to see my face right then." Linden timidly replied.

I could feel my blood starting to boil. Why in the fuck would he do that to her?

I had no idea why I was so pissed off, though.

Linden is literally just some random girl I met a few days ago, so why in the name of dysfunction do I care about her so much?

I had been lost in my thoughts for a little while, and when I finally start paying attention to things again, I hear someone sniffling, and I see that Linden is silently crying.

I didn't know what the fuck to do, since I've always been bad with handling people who are crying.

So I hugged her.