Chapter Eight: "Ruthless"

Trigger warnings for this chapter:

• Mentions of sexual abuse

• Mentions of grooming

• Violence

• Mentions of rape

• Mentions of kidnapping

• Physical assault/violence

Please read at your own risk.

...

*Adrian's point of view*

*Tuesday, November 13, 2018; 5:59 P.M.*

I'm standing in front of a bar table at a club, minding my own business, until I feel someone  put their hands on my shoulders.

"Don't move. If you want to live, then come with me." Someone says. I knew who this was, it was Sharon, a girl that I'd had certain "relations" with, a few times. What did she want?

"Fuck. If she caught me, I'm dead." I thought.

"Fine." I replied.

"Good girl." She replied, as she softly put one of her arms around my neck. "Now come on."

Sharon grabbed me by my wrist, and she dragged me outside, to an alley near the club.

"Anyway, so, why are we here?" I ask.

Sharon chuckles.

"I'm here for you, Adrian." She says, while putting one of her hands on my cheek.

"What are you talking about, Sharon?"

"You know, someone told me that you're looking for more tips on the recent case, hm?"

"Go on." I replied.

"Well, I secretly infiltrated the files yesterday, and I found some things that could possibly be of your interest. There's a catch, though."

"I'm requesting for you to be with me tonight, if you know what I mean."

"Sharon, really?" I thought.

"Sharon, you know that you could have just said that, instead of saying all of that nonsense about work, right?" I said, while crossing my arms.

"I wanted to make it more exciting, and I know that you love yourself some excitement."

"Anyway, so what do you say? Yes or no is fine with me."

"I'm down. But there's one rule that you have to follow. Absolutely no catching feelings."

"Got it?"

"Got it." She replied.

"Now, let's go, I'm ready to get started." She said, while seductively rubbing my arm.

I slightly lift up her chin.

"Oh, believe me when I say this, Sharon. I'm going to make tonight the best night of your life. I'll make it so that you won't be able to live without me, Love."

---

*Monday, January 6, 2020; time unknown*

***

"They're vile."

"They're disgusting."

"They should be ashamed of themselves."

"They're a danger to society."

"They're crazy."

"They're a lunatic."