Teddy Bear

Request by: ninjago_lavalife :D

A few years ago....

Holding his father Ray's hand. The little 5-year-old boy Kai was looking around the shops on the street with curiosity like every little boy. Until in a small store, a teddy bear that was displayed in a display case caught the little boy's attention, illuminating his soul and amber eyes. Very excited, he pulled his father's hand a little, pointing at the teddy bear

"Daddy! Daddy! Can you please buy it for me?" Kai said.

The people walking by stared at the child and thought the opposite that the child was throwing a tantrum when in reality he was asking for it kindly and enthusiastically. Which made Ray very uncomfortable and annoying.

"No, Kai." he answered in a cold tone.

"Please dad! I'm a good boy! I help mommy with chores and-"

"I SAID NO" Ray yelled which made Kai shrink.

"but...you bought one for Nya yesterday and this one is smaller than hers..." he said with a sad tone.

"I don't care if I did it for your sister, you're not getting one for yourself"

"why...?"

Ray looks at Kai with an annoyed glare on him

"Because you're an irresponsible kid. Why would I give you one when you'll probably forget it somewhere? And stop acting like a crybaby, you're five already. Deal with it. You don't deserve nothing. AND DONT YOU DARE TO CRY because you know what happens"

Kai shrinks and nods scared and sad.

"Y-yes dad..."

Back to the present...

Kai is in a date with his boyfriend, Cole, he was a big, strong guy with a lot of muscles who always looked rough and intimidating. But in reality he had a golden heart and he was pretty protective and caring

He was walking together with Kai. He wrapped his arm around his shoulder, keeping him close and comfortable. Cole stops a bit to answer a phone call, Kai stops walking as well, he watches Cole pulling his phone out from his pocket. He doesn't pay attention to what Cole is saying because he was lost in thought, a frown on his face staring at a claw machine full of teddy bears, which made his inner kid jump of happiness.

As Cole finished his call, he put his phone back in his pocket. He looks at Kai and notices that he was staring at something. He looks what Kai was looking and sees the claw machine. Cole smiled.

"Do you want one?" Cole asked.

Kai looks at him. He was about to say yes, but he remembers his dad's words: "You don't deserve anything" or "You are a big kid. And big kids don't play with stupid kid's toys.

Kai snorts

"No...I was just looking at it.''

Cole rolled his eyes.

"You are bad at lying, firefly" Cole said pulling his boyfriend through the claw machine, he knows very well Kai's child side, of course Kai want a teddy bear.

Cole make at least 30 plays trying to win a teddy bear, until he finally won one and gave it to him.

''...'' Kai smiled and grab the teddy bear, feeling his inner kid jumping of happiness. He hugged Cole and peck his cheek. "You are the best!" Kai said as Cole embrace him back.