Chapter VIII: Childish

Antonnia POV

In the cozy confines of our shared home, I lie on the couch, bundled up in blankets and pretending to be sick. Michelle  fusses over me, bringing me a tea and checking my temperature.

"You poor thing, you're burning up."

"I know, I feel terrible." I fake a cough

Michelle sits beside me, concern evident in her eyes.

"You should rest. I'll take care of everything today."

I nod secretly pleased that my plan is working. As soon as Michelle goes to the kitchen to prepare some soup, I shoot a mischievous grin.

"Gotcha." I whisper to myself feeling triumph

For the rest of the day, we spend it cuddled up on the couch, watching movies and enjoying each other's company. I revel in the rare opportunity to have Michelle undivided attention without the distractions of work or fans.

"Are you feeling any better?"

"Hmm, maybe a little."

Michelle smiles, planting a gentle kiss on the my forehead.

"Well, I'm here to take care of you."

As we cuddle closer, I feel a pang of guilt for faking being sick, but I know that this time spent together is worth it. In the comfort of our home, we share laughter, affection, and precious moments that make our secret relationship all the more special.

_________________________________________________

Michelle POV

In the quiet of our apartment, Antonnia paces back and forth, her frustration mounting with each step. I watches her with a mix of confusion and exasperation.

"I can't believe you didn't say 'I love you' even once today!"

"Seriously? That's what this is about?" I sigh with my frustration

Antonnia stops pacing and crosses her arms, her expression a mix of hurt and annoyance.

"Yes, it's important to me. It feels like you don't care."

I ran a hand through my hair, I was clearly exasperated.

"I've been busy making sure everything runs smoothly for you. Just because I didn't say it doesn't mean I don't feel it."

Antonnia's eyes well up with tears, her voice quivering.

"But I need to hear it. Especially from you."

Seeing the tears in  Antonnia's eyes, I softened, stepping closer and gently taking her hands.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel unimportant."

Antonnia looks down, her anger ebbing away but her hurt still lingering.

"I know you're busy, but it means a lot to me."

I pull her into a tender embrace, my voice gentle and sincere.

"I love you. I love you more than words can say. I'm sorry if I made you feel otherwise."

Antonnia relaxes into the hug, her tears subsiding as she buries her face in her my shoulder.

"I'm sorry for being so petty. I just... I need that reassurance sometimes."

I pull back slightly, cupping Antonnia's face in my hands and looking into her eyes.

"And I need you to know that my love for you doesn't diminish just because I don't say it every moment. But I'll try to be better at reminding you."

We share a long, heartfelt kiss, the tension from our petty fight melting away. Antonnia rests her forehead against mine, a small smile playing on her lips.

"Thank you. I just... I really needed to hear that today."

"And you'll hear it every day, I promise."

We spend the rest of the evening cuddled up together, the argument forgotten as we reaffirm our love for each other. Despite the petty fights and misunderstandings, our bond grows stronger with each moment we share.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the quiet, dimly lit bedroom of their shared apartment, Antonnia and Michelle lie entwined under the covers. The room is filled with the soft hum of the city outside and the gentle rhythm of their breathing.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course. What's on your mind?"

Antonnia hesitates, her fingers tracing idle patterns on Michelle arm.

"If something ever happened to me... would you love again?"

Michelle's expression turns serious, sensing the weight behind the question.

"Why are you thinking about that?"

"I just... I want to know. Would you?"

There's a long pause as Michelle considers her answer, choosing her words carefully.

"I don't know. It's hard to imagine life without you."

Antonnia's face falls, her heart sinking at the ambiguous response.

"That's not an answer."

Michelle sighs, trying to pull her closer, but Antonnia gently pulls away, her eyes filling with tears.

"I can't predict the future. I'd always carry you in my heart, but I don't want to lie to you."

"So you would? You'd just move on and find someone else?" her voice was trembling

"It's not like that. I'd never replace you. But life goes on, and you'd want me to be happy, right?"

Antonnia shakes her head, her emotions bubbling over.

"I don't want to think about you with someone else. It hurts too much."

Michelle sits up, gently cupping her face and wiping away her tears.

"Hey, look at me. I love you more than anything. Right now, at this moment, you are my everything. I don't want to think about life without you either."

Antonnia sniffles, still struggling with the answer.

"I just... I can't bear the thought."

"I understand. But let's focus on us, here and now. We have each other, and that's what matters."

They hold each other tightly, Antonnia's tears gradually subsiding as she finds comfort in her lover's embrace.