Chapter XIV: Drama

Michelle POV

In a discreet meeting arranged by Antonnia's manager, I sat nervously, waiting for him to arrive. We had been called for a meeting without Antonnia’s knowledge, and the tension in the air was palpable.

"Thank you for coming. I appreciate you being here." as he was entering the room

"Of course. What is this about?" I nod

"I’ll get straight to the point. I know about the incident with  you and  Antonnia kissing. It’s caused quite a stir, as you can imagine."

"How... how did you find out?" I was taken aback

"It doesn’t matter. What matters is how we handle this going forward."

I exchanged a worried glance with the manager, feeling uneasy about the situation.

"We were planning to address it together."

"I understand, but we need to be strategic about this. Her image and career are at stake."

"But she deserves to be part of this conversation. She deserves to have a say in how it’s handled."

"I agree, but sometimes tough decisions need to be made. She is vulnerable right now, and we need to protect her."

I hesitated, torn between loyalty to Antonnia and the manager's arguments.

"What do you suggest?"

"We need to control the narrative. We’ll issue a statement, but we won’t mention your involvement. The focus will be on her and her career."

"And if I don’t agree?" I was skeptical

"Then we risk damaging her reputation irreparably. I’m sure you don’t want that."

I felt a knot form in my stomach, realizing the weight of the situation. I knew the manager was right about protecting Antonnia, but I also felt uneasy about keeping secrets from her.

"I know things have been difficult lately."

"Yes, they have." I nod

"I want to be clear about something. Antonnia’s career comes first. You came into her life after she became famous, and while your relationship is important, it can’t jeopardize everything she’s worked for."

"I understand, but..." I was taken aback

"Let me finish. She is under a lot of pressure right now. She’s facing backlash, threats to her career, and she needs stability and support."

"I’ve always supported her."

"But can you guarantee that your relationship won’t cause further problems for her? Can you guarantee that you won’t be a distraction or a liability?"

I shifted uncomfortably, feeling the weight of the manager's words.

"I... I love her. I would never want to harm her career."

"Love isn’t always enough, especially in this industry. Antonnia has a responsibility to her fans, to her career, and to herself. You need to understand that."

"I do understand. But that doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt to hear." I feel defeated

"I’m not trying to hurt you. I just want you to see things from her perspective. She’s under a lot of pressure right now, and I need to know that you’re not going to add to it."

  "I’ll do whatever I can to support her." I nod again

"Good. Because right now, that’s what she needs most."