Chapter XI: Rumors

Antonnia POV

In the elegant dining hall, I enter with Michelle. The room is filled with the soft murmur of conversations and the clinking of glasses, but my wholly focused on her, who looks stunning in a sleek, sexy dress that accentuates her every curve.

As we make our way through the crowd, I keep a possessive hand on her waist, my eyes constantly darting around to ensure no one gets too close.

"You look amazing tonight. Everyone’s staring." I whisper

"Thanks. You’re not too bad yourself." Michelle says as she blush

Michelle’s dress draws admiring glances from several party-goers. Whenever someone approaches with an appreciative look, I tighten my grip slightly and shoots a sharp, protective glint their way.

"Hi there, you both look lovely tonight." one guest said smiling

"Thank you. We’re here to enjoy our evening together." I said coolly

The guest picks up on the subtle warning in my tone and nods, moving along. Michelle chuckles softly, finding my jealousy both endearing and amusing.

"You know you don’t have to be so protective. I’m not going anywhere."

"I know, but I can’t help it. You look too good tonight." I told her with a softly voice

Throughout the evening, I stay close to my love, occasionally whispering sweet nothings and sharing private smiles. Every time someone seems too interested, my eyes flash with a warning, making it clear that Michelle is off-limits.

At one point, a particularly bold guest approaches, clearly trying to strike up a conversation with her. l step in, my tone polite but firm.

"Excuse me, but we were just about to get some air."

I guide her outside to a quieter balcony, away from the prying eyes and wandering hands.

"You’re really taking this protector role seriously, huh?" she was teasing me.

"I just want to make sure you’re comfortable. And, okay, maybe I’m a little jealous." I was smiling

She turns to face me, placing a gentle hand on my cheek.

"You don’t need to be jealous. I’m here with you because I want to be."

I lean in, our foreheads touching, my voice softening.

"I know. I just can’t help feeling possessive sometimes."

"And I kind of like it. It shows how much you care."

We share a tender kiss, the sounds of the party fading into the background. For a moment, it's just the two of us, wrapped up in our own world.

When we finally return to the party, I remain vigilant, but more relaxed, secure in the knowledge that our bond is unshakeable.

In the midst of a lively party, we navigate through the sea of guests. I was ever attentive, keeps a close eye on her, who looks stunning yet slightly uncomfortable amidst the crowd's curiosity.

A guest approaches us, a curious gleam in his eye.

"So, how long have you been working for our superstar here?"

Michelle smiles politely but shifts nervously, clearly uncomfortable with the attention.

"Oh, it’s been a while now."

"And what did you do before? Any interesting stories from working together?"  he probes further

I notice the unease creeping into her expression and steps in with a warm, but firm, tone.