6. Imprinting

A/n: Still having a hangover from Jin's FESTA performance so I can't properly update at the moment. Bear with me, loveys!

*******

A couple of days later.

"What?! An exclusive Guide?.." Namjoon asked on the phone with a furious expression as he rose to his feet.

Then he raised an eyebrow and reached for his computer on his work desk, "Tell me the name of the Guide.
.
.
You can't tell me yet?!! What kind of info are you reporting when you don't even know the rest of it?? Stupid moron!! Find out more about that Guide and let me know soon!!"

Letting out a frustrated breath, the Director of the City Guards annoyingly ended the call and slammed his desk with his palm. This caused the oak table to crack, but Namjoon did not seem to bother as he was staring far out of the window of his office.

"Tch! So he must've found a suitable Guide and even made them exclusively for him." Namjoon scoffed as he muttered to himself. "Fucking hell-- just how powerful is this Guide to be made exclusive?!"

*******

"Even if you don't have high class powers, there are still certain ways to make your guiding more efficient." Yoongi said while he showed Jin around the Guides' Training Department. "Here at Hybe, Guides undergo mental and physical training to become more capable.

As you know, we only hire A-Class Guides, so please don't be intimidated by the people here. Ask questions, observe and just try harder - I'm sure you'll learn as much as an A-Class knows."

"I understand, Chief Guide Yoongi." Jin nodded.

Then they entered a huge room, very quiet and peculiar. It almost felt like there was a surge of energy that Jin felt as soon as he stepped inside.

"This is the meditation room. Your body will be trained here to become more relaxed and controlled. Unlike in the gym that we passed by where you'll do some strenuous exercises so you'll become stronger, here all you need to use is your mind.

You'll be taught how to properly control the energy in your body so you can use them efficiently in different situations. Sometimes, Espers encounter countless monsters in a mission, so you need to provide urgent guiding while in the middle of a fight.

There are also times that you have to take time in giving your guiding so the Esper can fully regain power. Just different situations that you need to be ready for.

And lastly, we also train Guides how to fight. Just basic training but still more advanced than what you have learned from the mandatory training with the KCGG. This way, you'll always be ready during emergency situations. Espers always protect their Guides, but sometimes things can get out of hand, so it's important that you also know how to defend yourself."

Jin nodded as he intently listened to Yoongi, the latter asked, "Are you feeling overwhelmed, Guide Seokjin?"

"Uhm. Yeah, a bit. I've never been on a dungeon mission and never been inside a dungeon. I have also not seen a single monster alive, just on videos and textbooks. So this is all really new to me.

But I am excited to learn new things, Chief Guide Yoongi. I feel like this is a big turning point in my career as a Guide, so I'm really happy and lucky to be here. I'll try my best."

"Your enthusiasm is a good thing." Yoongi then nodded and headed out, "That's it for now. Guide Jimin will help you with the rest later. Go and have lunch with them first. They might be waiting in the Cafe."

"Okay, thank you for your time, Chief Guide. See you later."

*******

"Hey, Guide Seokjin! We're here!" Jimin waved when he saw Jin coming in the Cafe's entrance.