Secrets

"Bunny, I think you just gave him a heart attack," Mei whispers to Shu. They were staring at Ta, who stood frozen in shock.

"What did I do?" Shu asks.

"You just claimed that Uncle Zee is your father," Mei reminds her.

"Ah... That's true, right? What's the shocking part anyway?" Shu is still confused.

Mei softly smacks her forehead. Shu whines in pain and immediately glances at Mei with sharp side eyes.

"Your joke is not funny..."

"Am I joking right now?"

Bear watches these two girls fighting like there is no tomorrow. He realizes that, by now, maybe he's the only one who is still sane and wide awake.

Even he can't count on his boyfriend now!

"Excuse me, but I think we should take things one by one, slowly and clearly. Shall we?" Bear's voice resonates around the room.

Everyone falls into a deep silence.

Bear is ready to take over the situation. First, he taps Ta's shoulder to make sure he's awake. After checking on his boyfriend, he hands two chairs to Mei and Shu. Then, when everything is settled, he grabs a chair and sits, facing Mei and Shu.

"So, we introduced ourselves. The reason why we're here is... I don't know why my boyfriend has turned into a nosy aunt, but according to him, he picked his friend up twice in this area, specifically around this kindergarten," Bear explains.

"Let me guess... Your friend's name is Zee, right?" asks Mei.

Ta and Bear nod. They exchange looks and simultaneously gaze at Mei.

"So, you two are boyfriends?" Shu suddenly asks. Ta glances at Bear, waiting for him to answer.

"Err..."

"Bunny, he mentioned that a few times already..."

"Oh, I thought he was joking. I mean, they look kind of like brothers. They look alike," Shu smiles at them. "You know, old folks say you're soulmates when you almost look identical to each other," she continues.

"Is she okay with that?" Ta asks Mei. Shu grins widely, flipping her hair and gazing at Mei.

"Sir, I've been raised by a yaoi girl. What did you expect..."

Mei playfully smacks Shu's lap for exposing her.

"Let's get back on track, shall we?" asks Bear. Both girls grin widely at him.

"What do you want to know?" asks Mei.

Ta and Bear look at each other. Slowly, Ta scoots forward, leaning a bit closer to the group as if they’re talking about something secretive.

"I've known Zee for almost three years now. I know where he goes most of the time. But not once did he mention this area until he called me to pick him up several times here. And each time, he asked me to pick him up at this very kindergarten," says Ta.

Mei sighs. She glares at Shu, who turns her head back and forth between Ta and her.

"Bunny, would you mind showing this gentleman around?" Mei asks Shu. The little one slowly nods. She looks at Bear and sticks out her tiny hand to him.

"Come... Let the adults talk..."

Bear giggles as he nods and grabs her hand. Shu ushers him outside, leaving Mei and Ta alone in the room.

"That girl... She's sassy. Not to mention how calm she is, like she blends so well with everything. No judgment, nothing..." Ta shakes his head in disbelief.