Chapter 31 - I Promise

The excessive blood loss and power consumption left Samael, who had barely woken up, feeling extremely dizzy. He thought that he would be left at the ruins, alone, reeking with the scent of blood that he could never get rid of. However, what greeted his eyes was a wooden ceiling with tree markings on it. A small chandelier hung from the ceiling, emitting warm rays of light. He fell into a trance upon seeing the unfamiliar sight.

The room had simple furnishings. Opposite him was a small wooden table which was full of dishes and fine liquor that was exuding a rich aroma. There seemed to be three dwarves: one was old while the other two were young. Although they were small, their voices were loud. However, it unexpectedly didn’t make people feel that it was noisy.

Opposite the dwarves sat a vague figure, his back facing Samael. It was only after squinting his eyes that he could clearly see his slim back, his distinctive short, silver hair, and his pointed ears. The purple eyes suddenly dilated. Samael’s fingernails dug deep into the flesh of his palm. He did not die? He didn’t kill him?

When Suo Fei returned from his own world back to reality, his eyes as he looked at Jonah was filled with the light of the Holy Father. Jonah, you must live well. This concerns the level of the equipment in the whole of Yalance! There is a great difference between an affable Craftsman God and a Craftsman God who only wants to take revenge on society.

Jonah knew nothing about Suo Fei’s thoughts. On this day, Grandpa took out his favorite blueberry wine so he drank until his small face turned bright red. When he saw Suo Fei looking at him, he raised the glass and candidly said, “Come, elf, let me drink a glass as a toast to you!”

Suo Fei also picked up the cup in front of him. To be honest, this glass might be a glass in the eyes of the dwarf but it was only a small teacup in his eyes. Therefore, drinking a glass wasn’t really an issue for him. Thus, he unhesitantly downed the whole glass.

His unreserved manner excited Eugene, this old man, to happily pour wine.

Evelyn, who was the only one sober, looked at Suo Fei and suddenly said, “Your friend seems to be awake.” Suo Fei froze only for a moment before he quickly put down his glass and ran towards Samael’s bedside.

In what sense is he awake? His eyes are still closed, okay? Suo Fei was somewhat disappointed. He swept aside the black hair that had fallen across Samael’s forehead and pulled up his quilt and tucked him in. Jonah criticised Evelyn, “Look at yourself, making the elf happy for nothing...”

Evelyn frowned. He clearly saw that the demon had opened his unique pair of purple eyes. Nevertheless, he did not argue back and acquiesced, “I saw wrongly.”

Suo Fei comforted them, “It’s okay, he will wake up tomorrow.” He planned to find some beast blood once the sun had risen. As long as he provided him with enough blood, the demon would be able to recover quickly.

During the dinner with the dwarves, Suo Fei was in a drunken stupor. It was only later that Suo Fei found out that although the blueberry wine was refreshing, the after-effects would hit you much harder than you expected. He took it lightly and drank one cup after another until he became awfully dizzy.

There were three beds in Eugene’s house, two of which were combined for Samael to sleep on. The grandfather-grandson trio had to huddle in one bed thus Suo Fei had no choice but to move Samael slightly inward to make a slight space for himself. Finally, he fell asleep after much difficulty.