Chapter 36 - Effortlessly-Obtained Artifact

It turned out that the goblin was referring to Grantlyn Evans.

Since Suo Fei and Samael took Antonio’s shortcut, they arrived at the upper layer before Grantlyn. The goblin who received them must have not seen Grantlyn Evans before. However, Pureblood elves had easily recognisable features. On top of that, Grantlyn was being accompanied by a demon and so was Suo Fei.

It was for these reasons that the goblin assumed that Suo Fei is Grantlyn.

Grantlyn had obviously made an appointment which was why the goblin had prepared a jade token for him.

The jade token served as proof of identity that would allow one to enter a designated private room. Fortunately, Suo Fei knew the rules. Otherwise, he would be unable to do anything with the jade token even if he accepted it.

Grantlyn’s jade token was light green. A green jade token was for those who are selling items. Those who are participating in an auction would receive a dark green jade token. A light green jade token was for those who have made an appointment for trading.

The upper layer of Benesse had a special feature. The Goblins had spent a large portion of their wealth to create a near-invincible protective barrier for Benesse City. The lower layer had the weakest protection followed by the middle layer. The protection for the upper layer, however, was top-notch.

No matter how high one’s attack damage was, their power would still be restrained in the upper layer. This ensured an impartial and safe trading platform.

Suo Fei looked at the light green jade token in his hand, a tad of curiosity coursing through him. I wonder what item Grantlyn wants to trade for. Then he thought of the “safety net” of the upper layer of Benesse and suddenly felt that it would be regrettable if he did not seize this heaven-sent opportunity.

The front of the jade token had the bearer’s name while the back had the private room’s number.

The goblin left after giving the jade token to Suo Fei. Suo Fei then turned to Samael and suggested, “Let’s go to the private room first, alright?”

Samael seemed a bit preoccupied. It was only after Suo Fei had repeated himself that Samael finally looked at Suo Fei and agreed, “Okay.”

Suo Fei frowned. Samael had been in a trance ever since they had left Antonio’s shop. He couldn’t help but ask, “What’s the matter?”

Samael paused before answering, “Nothing.” However, his eyes were evasive.

Suo Fei frowned. Samael appeared fine, but he seemed to have something on his mind. Suo Fei was worried but Samael refused to divulge anything. He was also not skilled in pumping someone for information, so he didn’t mention it again.

They turned a corner and walked a short distance before finally arriving at Grantlyn’s private room. Suo Fei tapped the jade token against the door and it opened.

Suo Fei was just about to enter when Samael suddenly pulled his hand and whispered, “There’s someone inside.”

Suo Fei was shocked, subconsciously releasing his hold on the door. After a moment of thought, he cast a spell, changing his appearance into Grantlyn’s and changing Samael’s into the dark-skinned demon’s appearance.