Chapter 13 - So Damn Befitting

Suo Fei looked at Samael as he bawled internally.

One is a weak elf carrying an interspatial bag filled with fur and bones, while the other is a powerful demon carrying the Asura Blade that was able to hack down a seventh-grade ferocious beast. Is there any need to think about who will die and who will live?

No, no, maybe the situation is not that hopeless. Suo Fei comforted himself. He is a transmigrator. He knew their fate beforehand but Samael didn’t know that they had to fight each other to death. Using this advantage, maybe he could use his wits (scheme) to knock down the young demon! After all, every man for himself and the Devil take the hindmost. Suo Fei was filled with pity towards Samael. Boy, blame yourself for being born under a bad sign.

——You’re too imaginative.

The leaves rustled in the cold breeze, a sign of nightfall. Looking at Suo Fei, Samael asked in his deep voice, “You’re not going?”

Suo Fei was startled but recovered quickly. Fudge, he was overthinking things. The most pressing matter at hand was to find the cave. If he couldn’t find the cave, then Samael would not even have to do anything. He would die by inhaling the miasma alone.

However, how should he find it? The disloyal little cub had already run away. There was not even a ferocious beast in sight. If he were to explore the way by himself, what kind of luck must he have to be able to encounter it?

He became a little discouraged. Just as he was about to speak, Samael walked over and reached out his hand. Suo Fei looked at him with uncertainty. Samael suddenly smiled. His delicate features were already extremely beautiful but when he smiled, it was like opening a jewellery box, so dazzling, so radiant.

The face-con Suo Fei instantly lost his bearings.

Samael said, in a low voice, “I’ll bring you there.” Suo Fei didn’t know where he was bringing him, but he nodded in assent. Then, his feet left the ground. When he recovered his wits, Suo Fei was shocked.

He... he was actually held up by Samael! It...it was even a princess carry! This pose, for a tough guy like him, was an absolute disgrace. Suo Fei tried to struggle but Samael strengthened his grip and whispered, “Don’t move.”

Must I not move if you told me not to? It’s my legs, not yours! Suo Fei cursed silently to himself, itching for a fight. Unfortunately, he had yet to make his move when he was frightened, frozen in place.

Samael held him tighter and moved at breakneck speed. The reason he didn’t use the word ‘run’ was because Suo Fei truly did not consider it ‘running’ as it was extremely fast. It could not be considered as flying either, but it was just as exciting.

Suo Fei finally stopped grumbling about being princess carried. Rather than destroying his image, this kind of flying at high speed without caution might literally disfigure it instead. Therefore, he perceptively wrapped his arms around Samael’s neck. In the face of death, whether he was unmanly or not was not important.

After a while, Suo Fei finally saw the cave entrance from a distance. It was already getting dark. To prevent the miasma from entering, a water curtain had already begun to form. Although it was called a water curtain, it was actually not composed of water. It’s a very fluid, light blue liquid that looked just like water. This liquid was harmless but it can’t be drunk. The sole function it had was its strong isolation. With its ability to block out the all-pervasive miasma, one could imagine how dense it was.