Chapter 80 - Ending: I've Promised You, I Will Never Leave You

Suo Fei closed his eyes. He didn’t dare to dart another glance at Samael. Although he had controlled Samael’s consciousness, he knew that it was because he had caught Samael off-guard. Moreover, Samael was not the least cautious around him. Despite this, he didn’t dare to be careless. His heart would waver if he took another look so he must make it quick.

At this moment, he remembered the illusion that he had seen, where his chest had been pierced by the Asura Blade. He had imagined many, many scenarios, and finally concluded that it was impossible to happen. He had not expected that it would actually come true and that in such a situation, he willingly made it happen.

He knew that he should stop thinking too much so Suo Fei focused his mind and didn’t give Samael the opportunity to resist. He forcefully controlled Samael’s body, raising Samael’s arm and aiming the Asura Blade towards his chest.

Suo Fei’s eyes weren’t opened but he could clearly feel it. He felt the cold tip of the Asura Blade pointing at his chest. He also felt the weak vitality that was enshrouding the pure black blade. These were the people Samael cared about, their vitalities.

There was a sharp pain in his chest. Suo Fei knew that the Asura Blade had pierced him. However, it was still not enough. Suo Fei clenched his teeth and sent his body forward using his remaining strength. The pure black blade thoroughly pierced his chest.

Suo Fei felt an intense coldness from the intense pain and the incessant flow of blood. The fear of death that he had buried deep within him rushed forth at this moment. He was afraid, extremely afraid. He didn’t want to die this way. He wanted to be with Samael, wanted to be with him forever.

Because of his body’s weakness, he lost control of Samael’s body. Suo Fei felt his body fall into a warm embrace. He greedily hurled himself into the embrace and he heard a completely unfamiliar yet incomparably familiar voice. It was Samael’s voice, but he had never heard him speak in this tone. Samael’s voice had always been deep, steady and filled with confidence. It had never been this turbulent. Nevertheless, it filled his heart with bitterness.

He keenly felt ice-cold tears dripping onto his face, causing his heart that had already been pierced to twitch in pain. In the end, he slowly opened his eyes and was greeted by his appearance that would be engraved in his soul forever.

Sorry, Samael. This is the best way I can think of.

Samael had used his own godhood to cast a curse towards the whole Yalance. All lives in Yalance would eventually die. Every step they took was heading towards their own doom. The only way to lift this curse was to resurrect the Dragons and let the souls that were inside the Asura Blade come back to life.

However, it was no longer possible to resurrect the Dragons using the resurrection artifact. The Dragons were too powerful and the resurrection artifact was unable to bear their vitality, let alone so many Dragons. But, Suo Fei was able to accomplish it.

In the memory, he saw the memories of Sal, Hull and countless Dragons who had died. Finally, he saw Vixanne’s memories. He didn’t know why he saw Vixanne’s memories. Perhaps it was because Vixanne intentionally relaxed her consciousness to allow him to see it.

In Vixanne’s memories, he saw Sofey Evans and found out why Grantlyn’s attitude towards him had always been so indifferent and uncaring. It was because he was not the son of Vixanne and Grantlyn. No, it should be said that he wasn’t their biological son.