part 6

The next day, Ludic woke up to an empty home, but an empty basket of fish made him chuckle. "It wasn't a dream," he said to himself. He went upstairs to change into a black tunic, then walked over to the training arena, hearing Hiccup's voice before he even got there.

"You know, I just happened to notice the book had nothing on Night Furies. Is there another book? Or a sequel? Maybe a little Night Fury pamphlet?" Hiccup yelled, dodging a blast from a Nadder.

"Focus, Hiccup! You're not even trying!" Gobber shouted back, his frustration evident.

"Today is all about ATTACK! Nadders are quick and light on their feet! Your job is to be quicker and lighter!" Gobber continued, noticing Ludic approaching. "Really, a Nadder? Do you want to kill them?" Ludic said, eyeing the blue dragon that was bouncing around, chasing the young Vikings.

"AAAAAH! I'm really beginning to question your teaching methods!" Fishlegs yelled, barely avoiding a swipe from the Nadder.

"Look for its blind spot. Every dragon has one. Find it, hide in it, and strike!" Gobber instructed, while Ludic chuckled. "Not all dragons have a blind spot, Gobber. You're feeding them false information."

"Ugh! Do you ever bathe?" Ruffnut said, scrunching her nose at Tuffnut.

"If you don't like it, then just get your own blind spot!" Tuffnut retorted.

"How about I give you one?!" Ruffnut countered, as the Nadder attacked the twins, sending them scrambling.

"Blind spot, yes. Deaf spot? Not so much. Heh, heh, heh." Gobber laughed.

"Hey, so how would one sneak up on a Night Fury?" Hiccup shouted, making Ludic tilt his head, suspicion growing from last night when Hiccup was reading about the dragon.

"No one's ever met one and lived to tell the tale. NOW, GET IN THERE!" Gobber bellowed.

"I know, I know, but hypothetically—" Hiccup started again.

"Hiccup! Get down!" Gobber cut him off, pulling him behind a wooden wall. "Watch out, babe. I'll take care of this," Snotlout boasted, throwing a hammer at the Nadder, but missing completely. Ludic almost fell to the ground laughing at his cousin's bravado.

"The sun was in my eyes, Astrid! What do you want me to do, block out the sun? I could do that, but I don't have time right now!" Snotlout continued, making Ludic laugh harder.

"They probably take the daytime off. You know, like a cat. Has anyone ever seen one napping?" Hiccup said, his voice carrying a mix of curiosity and sarcasm.

"Hiccup!" Gobber yelled as the walls started toppling. Astrid leapt from wall to wall, the Nadder close behind. She jumped off the last collapsing wall, landing right on top of Hiccup.

"Oooh! Love on the battlefield!" Tuffnut teased, making kissing noises.

"She could do better," Ruffnut added, rolling her eyes.

"Just... let me... why don't you..." Hiccup struggled to get up, but Astrid yanked the axe off Hiccup's shield and swung it at the Nadder with precision.

"Well done, Astrid," Gobber praised, but Astrid looked down at Hiccup, her eyes filled with frustration.

"Is this some kind of a joke to you?! Our parents' war is about to become ours! Figure out which side you're on," she said, pointing her axe at his neck. Ludic felt a pang of unease, his protective instincts flaring for some unknown reason.

As the training continued, Ludic couldn't shake the feeling that something was changing. Hiccup's questions about the Night Fury, the encounter with Frostbite, and the growing tension among the young Vikings hinted at something bigger on the horizon. He resolved to keep a close eye on Hiccup and the dragons, knowing that whatever came next, they would all need to be prepared.