songe

A vast, open field under a sky painted with the hues of dawn. There in the distance, a figure stood alone. White robes gleaming in the light, I knew him too well.

As I approached, the figure turned. To my surprise, his face was uncovered. His features were a blur, but those eyes...I would always recognize them.

I watched him in silence. I didn't need words, neither did he. He reached out a hand and I realized he didn't wear bandages. His skin looked soft, nothing like the sight etched in my mind. He was the healthy boy he deserved to be. I felt my tears welling up with overwhelming gratitude. God must have graced us with a miracle. I lifted my hand but before I could reach him, I woke with a start.

The dream lingered in my mind like a half-remembered melody. The vision of it struck like a lightning, it was gone. I lay there for a moment, the tranquility of the dream contrasting sharply with the uncertainty of the waking world.

A tear rolled down my cheek, I didn't bother to wipe it. That brief vision was all it took to change something within me. I realized then, it was my heart speaking.

I turned to my side and shut my eyes, clinging to the image of his healthy body, which already began to slip away from my memory. All that was left of it was his eyes.

Only the deep blue eyes.

a/n: i wrote this as an extra, it wasn't meant to be a part of the story as it doesn't serve purpose to the plot but i thought it fit so i kinda implemented it into the story

a/n: i wrote this as an extra, it wasn't meant to be a part of the story as it doesn't serve purpose to the plot but i thought it fit so i kinda implemented it into the story. also, i had the real Baldwin in mind and not just the character from the movie/story so it's me pouring my raw emotions lol. may he rest in peace