💗 Sodo x Rain - Movie Night

In honor of the ghovie coming out in two days, I'm trying to get over my writers block 👀

<><><><><><><><><><>

Sodo had been angry and frustrated the whole day. Nothing seemed to work, for some odd reason, and it only drove him more mad the more he did. He tried to do his daily tasks, but nothing would work. He couldn't concentrate, and whenever he tried to do something else he would accidentally break something. Now he was frustrated and just sat on the sofa in the living room, his arms crossed in front of his chest as he just stared at the wall. He didn't want to do anything anymore, knowing it would only end in another disaster anyways.

The others quickly realized something was up with the fire ghoul. It was nothing new to see him like this though, as he was usually really short tempered, so they didn't bother too much. Rain however, saw right through it. He could see that Sodo wasn't just a little mad because something didn't work, but he was frustrated because nothing worked. So the water ghoul decided to do something about it, maybe cheering him up and comfort him a bit. He slowly walked over to Dew on the couch and sat down next to him, not saying anything at first and only looking at him to figure out how bad the situation was.

"Dew...? Is everything alright?" he carefully asked after a moment, tilting his head a little to the side as he looked at Dew with a worried expression. Sodo just huffed and crossed his arms as a little tighter and looked away. He wasn't in the mood to deal with anyone right now, not even with Rain. The water ghoul sighed. He knew it would be a little harder to break through to Dew, but he was willing to do so. It wasn't the first time he was dealing with this.

He gently placed a hand on his shoulder, rubbing it softly as an attempt to calm him down, but the fire ghoul quickly swatted his hand away with a scoff. Rain frowned slightly and looked at Sodo, his expression growing a little more worried. He wasn't sure if might've underestimated the situation and Sodo's feelings. He took a deep breath and gently grabbed Sodo's chin, turning his head to make him look at himself. "Sodo... what happened?" he asked calmly. He could feel the smaller ghoul tensing slightly, but he didn't care, holding his head where it was. "I'm worried for you, and you know that. I just want to help..." he mumbled, almost pleading.

Sodo sighed, trying to look away from Rain, but the other one wouldn't let him. "I just had a bad day... leave me alone..." he mumbled, finally giving up on trying to look away. Rain sighed heavily as well, shaking his head softly. "When will you finally understand you can be vulnerable around me...?" he mumbled, more to himself, but of course Sodo picked up on that and huffed. "Sodo... don't bottle it up. Talk about it. You know you can talk to me, I'm your boyfriend." Rain quickly continued, letting go of Sodo's chin and placing his hand on his shoulder instead. This time the fire ghoul didn't look away though, and Rain could see the conflict in his eyes. But the water ghoul gave Sodo the time he needed to think about it, gently rubbing his shoulder to try and comfort him a little.

"I don't want to talk..." Sodo finally mumbled and looked down at his lap. He felt somehow bad for saying that, but he couldn't help it. He liked Rain's presence, but he didn't want more than that. Yet, at least. Rain nodded slowly, seeing that wasn't all he wanted to say. "...but?" he carefully asked, trying to catch a glimpse of Sodo's facial expression, but his face was covered by his hair. "But I would like you to stay..." he mumbled, feeling somewhat embarrassed about it. Despite Rain being his boyfriend, he always had problems with being vulnerable around others, and unfortunately Rain wasn't an exception. 

Rain sighed again, this time in relief though. It was a beginning, he could work with that. And he was proud of Sodo for admitting that to him. He was aware of how hard it was for him. "Alright... we can do that. Do you want to go to your room? We could watch a movie... I will just stay with you and be by your side. No talking..." he suggested, and Sodo nodded hesitantly. Rain hummed with a smile and stood up, grabbing the smaller's hand and pulling him up with him. He guided the two of them over to Sodo's bedroom and they both quickly got comfortable on the fire ghoul's bed. 

Rain grabbed the remote and turned Sodo's tv on, putting on the first movie he saw what was some old horror movie. Good enough, he thought. Once the movie was playing, he got comfortable on the bed, getting under the blanket and resting his back against the headboard. He looked over to Sodo, holding an arm open with a questioning look. He could watch Sodo bite his lip, it was clearly debating what to do. But after a short moment the fire ghoul crawled over to him and snuggled up to his side, placing his head on Rain's chest. The water ghoul hummed and wrapped his arm around the smaller one, lazily drawing shapes on his shoulder in an attempt to calm him down and comfort him.

Sodo wouldn't admit it, but he was very grateful for Rain. He knew he was really problematic at times, but Rain always seemed to be so patient with him. He was the only who ever did that for him, and he was thankful that he was. He smiled softly to himself and muttered a soft "thank you" before settling down completely and concentrating on the movie. Rain smiled softly and only hummed, respecting the fire ghoul's wish not to speak. They spent the night with watching movies, until Sodo finally felt better and decided to talk about his awful day. Rain was there to help and comfort him, and Sodo felt yet again bad and guilty for not opening up earlier. But it was just who he was, and Rain loved him for that.

<><><><><><><><><><>

(1072 words)

Going back to my comfort ship to try and overcome my writers block. It's only short and really bad, I'm sorry but it's all I managed to do 😭 I wanted to write it earlier as well, but somehow the wattpad serves shut down and it didn't work, but here you go now!

(Not prove read, and I'm really tired, please excuse the many mistakes!)

- Luma