08

Lando :

It was Qualifying day. I was super excited. Monaco's track is different though. Since it's more narrow, it's hard to overtake.

I woke up to Charles making us breakfast. Pierre and I sat at the counter, waiting for whatever Charles was making. He puts the food on plates and serves us. He made us crêpes with some Nutella, strawberries, and bananas. On the side, he made 'œufs en cocotte au saumon fumé (Eggs en cocotte with smoked salmon).' Charles was really good at making breakfast. Pierre and I were always jealous. For the most part, he was almost better at everything than us. We ate everything and thanked Charles for breakfast. Pierre cleaned up the mess. Charles and I left in separate cars to get ready for today.

I got to my house and got ready. I took a shower and got into an McLaren hoodie with some black shorts. I styled my hair, and grabbed my phone. I headed to the living room and grabbed my keys. I looked in the mirror one last time to make sure my hair was alright, and headed out to the track. I was greeted by fans when I arrived. I rolled my windows down to wave at everyone. I can hear their screams. I drove slow, so that I can focus on the road and on waving. I parked my car and grabbed my pass. I remembered Char's camera equipment, so I carried that inside the paddock. Carlos approaches me as I head into my garage. He follows me in. I went to my driver room to get changed, but Carlos barges in and closes the door.

"Dude come on I was about to change" I say as I take off my shirt.
"Are you and Charlotte a thing or something? You never tell me stuff anymore. We use to be so close" Carlos says as he grabs a water bottle from my cooler.
"Carlos we never have time to talk you know? Your at Ferrari now and your always talking with Charles. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, Charles is a very great guy, but we just can't find a time to sit down a talk about everything" I say as I placed Char's stuff down on the couch.
"Well I'm here aren't I? Spill everything. Mi hermano, I need every detail possible (My brother)" He says as he sits down, finding the perfect position to listen.

I tell him everything and the faces he expressed were hilarious. The most important story he wanted to hear was the "romance" between me and Char. I couldn't lie to him, I didn't want to be an impertinent man. He was surprised we were friends. He wished deeply that we would become more than friends, and I wish that too. But we can't move fast. It's only been a few days since we met, and I don't want to rush her, even if she does like me back. He gave me some tips and advice on how I can open my feelings up when the time is right. I thanked him and he wished me luck. Before he left the room though, he yelled at me. It was only because he didn't want to be left in the dust again. Even if him and Charles are talking, he tells me to join in on the conversation, or just come by and say hi. He leaves the room and I change into my racing suit. I get Char's stuff and leave it out for her to find near the entrance of both garages.

Charles comes over to my garage and askes if the girls arrived yet. I told him no, and he walks away. I followed him. We both went up to Pierre's garage and asked the same question. We go to his room and called Kika.

On the phone with Kika :

Kika : Salut, mon amour (Hi, my love).
Pierre : Où êtes-vous les filles? La course commence très bientôt et Charlotte doit préparer ses affaires. As-tu oublié Charlotte? (Where are you girls? The race starts very soon and Charlotte needs to get her stuff set up. Did you forget Charlotte?)
Charlotte over the phone : Relax Pierre, we are almost there. I'm guessing Lan- I mean Lando has my stuff?
Lando : I do. It's in my garage. Come get it whenever you get here.
Charlotte : Thank you Lando.
Charles : Alex mon amour, please tell me your not bringing any drinks
Alex over the phone : Non, I swear!
Charles : Mhm, yeah we'll see. Hurry up here, all of you.
Kika over the phone : We will.
All the girls : Bye boys!!