13

Lando :

Its been almost three days since Charlotte and I haven't talked or seen each other. Kika had called almost everyone she knew over the phone last night. Kika and Pierre tried to stop her from leaving the party but she left, and no one knew where she went. She called Daniel.

On the phone with Daniel :

Kika : Daniel! Thank god you answered. Charlotte seems to be having problems and we can't find her anywhere. I called her about 50 times, have you seen or heard of her?
Daniel : <sighs> she's at my place.
Kika : Omg that's great news. I'm coming over with Pierre and Lando a-
Daniel : No. I can't let you do that.
Pierre (background) : Why? We're her best friends we should be able to see her.
Daniel : I'm sorry mate, it's not up to me.. i'm doing what I've been told.
Lando (background) : What does that even mean?
Daniel : It means she doesn't want any of you near her. Especially you Lando, I cannot do anything about it. She's waiting until she can go back to London. I appreciate you calling and checking in, but you need to give her some time to herself.
Kika : But her wrist?
Daniel : I'll look into it. I didn't realize her wrist was injured. Take care guys.

Kika scoffs.

"She goes to him over us? We known her longer, we have always been with her" she says as she crosses her arms and sits on the couch.
"Kika, she's known daniel longer actually, she trusts him more than anything" Pierre says as he sits next to her.
"Guys, was there anything you said to her at the party?" I say.

They thought about it and looked at each other.

"I mean we questioned her on why she was upset and about her wrist..." Pierre says.
"Asked if it was about her ex .." Kika says looking down.
"I can assure you it was" I say.
"How do you know?" Kika says looking up.
"Because I was there. That's how I got my cut on my nose."
"Daniel mentioned that she wanted to not go near you.. why?" Pierre says.

I was silent.

"Lando, why" he asks again.
"Because I left her alright?" I say yelling at them.

We were all quiet.

"I should of.." I say as my voice was breaking.
"I should have never left her... I was forced.." I say tearing up.
"Lando.." Pierre says as he walks up to me and hugs me.

Kika comes up too and hugs me and Pierre.

"This is all my fault.." I say as I left a tear come down my face.
"Tell us what happened" Kika says as she pulls my arm to sit on the couch.

I explained everything that happened. They knew Magui too and hated her.

"She's such a chienne (bitch), always gets what she wants.. no matter how many times she cheats, that man won't leave her. They're perfect for each other. Talking about them just makes me sick to my stomach" Kika says.
"I'm glad you didn't go with her, and you told her that to her face. She needs to hear it. You should have knocked her out mate" Pierre says.
"Should have" I say laughing a bit.

We decided to order dinner. We got Thai food and ate together, thinking of a way to get Charlotte to talk to us. None of us came up with anything.

It was getting late. I said my goodbyes and thanked Pierre and Kika for helping me for today. I left and went to my car. I drove home.

Daniel and I lived pretty close to each other. Sometimes we would both go on runs in the morning. We would hangout almost every week before races. This week is difficult for us, because of Charlotte. She was heading back to London for her trip with her family. She was supposed to leave today, but she had other plans.