Epilogue | SPOILER

2029, Charlotte's POV :

I was in the kitchen, putting the dishes away. Lando comes around the corner and scares me. I jumped.

"Gosh, don't scare me like that" I say to him.
"Sorry baby, it was just funny" he says as he kisses me.

I went to the drawer to put the utensils back. Before I did, two little feet were running around. They were going in a circle between rooms.

"Hey! Autumn, Aiden, be careful yeah?" I said shouting at them.
"You know she bit him this morning?" I said facing Lando.
"We have a biter in the family, nice" he says smiling.

I hit his chest.

"Don't encourage that love, you're gonna put a bad influence on him" I say as I smiled.

I was standing between his legs. He put his hands on my waist.

"I know, but it's funny to see you think that I would actually encourage it."
"Yeah, because you and Carlos are literally the same person. Speaking of Carlos, he's watching them with Charles and Alex later so we can go out to eat. We need a break from the kids" I say as I cupped his face.
"They are life savers. I don't think we've been on a date in ages."
"3 years darling, I had the twins 3 years ago, there turning 4 in a month."
"Funny to see you think I don't know that" he says as he smiles.
"Hilarious" I said in a sarcastic tone.

He leans in and kisses me.

"Hey which drawer was the utensils again? I completely forgot."
"Oh it's the one on the right, next to the sink."

I walked over and opened the right drawer.

"Wait the other.."

I dropped the forks on the ground. I picked up the small, red velvet squared box and turned to face him. I was in complete disbelief.

"I was um- I wanted to do it in a better way, I just haven't gotten to it yet, and-" he says as I cut him off.
"Yes."
"What?"
"Yes, I will marry you."
"I didn't even get to ask you, or plan you something."
"I don't care, you're all I see in my future Lando Norris. I want to be Charlotte Norris. So yes, yes a million times."

He picked me up and spinned me around. We both smiled. He put me down and grabbed the ring, putting it on my ring finger. He kisses me.

"How do you think Max is doing with the whole thing about planning weddings?" I said.
"Honestly I think he might suck at it."

Lando's phone rings.

<SPOILER FOR NEXT BOOK>

"Speaking of the devil himself.. Hello?"
"Mate, can you and Charlotte come over? I'm stuck on this wedding idea, but I don't want to make a bad mistake."
"Yeah of course, do you want us to come over now or?"
"Whenever you can. I know you two have the kids so hopefully whenever someone gets a chance today, just head over, yeah?"
"Yeah alright."

"Max!"
"Charlotte hey! How are you?"
"I'm great! I know your freaking out right now so I don't
need to ask you the question. How is she?"
"She's also freaking out, but she's so happy. Thank you again, I can't thank you enough."
"Anytime, I wanted her to be happy, especially since she's like you but in another version."
"Hilarious."
"It's true! You two are such cold hearted people. Just lighten up a bit for once in your lives."
"I do lighten up, when I'm with her of course, and you guys, sometimes."
"Ouch. A bit harsh, yeah?" Lando says next to me.
We all laugh.
"I'll see you guys soon, she just got home from the store, bye guys."

Max POV :

"Hey honey" I said as I walked over to help her.
"Hey darling" she says as she kisses me.

I put everything on the counter. She grabbed the cup of coffee and sat near the window on the couch. She took a blanket and wrapped herself in. I joined her as she puts the blanket over me too. I wrapped my arms around her.

"You nervous?" I asked softly.

She nodded her head yes.

"I can't wait to call you my wife baby. It's all I ever wanted.."

She turns to me and kisses me.

"I love you, forever and ever, Max."
"And I love you, forever and ever .."

"Autumn."