Chapter 11: Humans

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstein

Cyler ran off headed for the lab but she stopped; distracted by the windows. Curiously she turned and pressed her palm against the glass. Its cold, she thought, and there are white things falling from the sky. It was oddly soothing her. "That's called snow," Bulma whispered into Cyler's ear.

"Snow..."

"Its something that happens on this planet when it gets cold outside." Bulma went on explaining with her hand absent-mindedly rubbing small circles over her large stomach. She was now eight and a half months and ready to pop. "That's a piece of Earthly knowledge you didn't know, huh, Missy?" Cyler cursed inwardly and turned to face the blue haired vixen.

"That proves nothing. Now if you'll excuse me," Cyler gently scooted Bulma to the side and started to walk. She didn't get too far though. Bulma grabbed hold of Cyler's shoulder and spun her around.

"You look here, Missy. How about a bet?"

"A bet?"

Bulma smirked at Cyler's intrigued expression. "Yes a wager of some sort. If I can prove to you that having knowledge about Earth will not only make you smarter, but stronger. You have to go to school." Bulma let go of her shoulder and out stretched her hand. "How 'bout it?"

"I'm in," Cyler took her hand and shook firmly, "But I'm sorry to inform you that you'll be losing this bet." She practically growled.

"Oh that's great news! You'll be in school before you know it!" Bulma shouted with a fist pump.

...

Bulma went to the coat rack in the living room and swiftly slipped on her white winter coat. It was fashionable yet warm. Bulma smiled, good for me and for my little girl. She couldn't wait to be able to dress up her daughter and do the things she's always wanted to do. A thought crossed her mind and she smirked. No need to wait.

"Oh Cyler, dear!" From the lab, where Cyler seems to have claimed as her room, she heard Bulma's overly innocent tone. Cyler rolled her eyes and tried to ignore the beckoning. "Cyler! If you don't come you lose the b-" Before the sentence was finished she was in front of Bulma with crossed arms and a disinterested expression. The blue haired woman grabbed her capsule and Cyler's tiny hand.

"Guess where we're going?!"

"No."

"Come one guess," Bulma whined as she pulled the pint sized warrior out of the front door. She continued to pester her to no avail while walking through the lawn towards the drive way. "Fine I'll tell you, since you want to know so badly!" Cyler raised her eyebrows rudely for Bulma to speak. "The mall!"

"What the hell is a mall?"

...

Dress after dress. Outfit after outfit. Bulma has been trying to find Cyler her "look". When questioned about what a "look" was. Bulma answered, "It's your signature. It's basically the clothes you wear and what it says about you."

Cyler sat in the dressing room analyzing the weird sheer fabrics. This would not protect her from anything. If anything it's making me more vulnerable. It was a long sleeve pink top and black and white checkered shorts. "I'm not wearing this!" Bulma busted through the door and shut it behind herself.

"And why the hell not?" She had this conversation with Cyler at least eighty times today and she was fed up. This was not the mother daughter bonding practice she wanted. "It'll be so cute on your tan skin! Ugh do you know girls would kill to not be pale!" Cyler slid into a fighting stance and started darting about checking the perimeter of the room. "Now what?!"

"You said the pale skinned females would be out for my blood." Cyler said flatly. Bulma face palmed. She took hold of Cyler and practically threw her out of the dressing room. She had given up and wanted no more of this spectacle. "How 'bout you shop around," she gave her a random credit card from her bag, "Get whatever clothes you want... But no armor!"

...

Cyler walked around the mall aimlessly. She honestly didn't get why so many people were here. They were irritating her and she wanted them to leave calmly and in an orderly fashion. While she was brooding she stopped paying attention to where she was walking. She barely felt the slight bump on her shoulder. Cyler looked down to see a girl around her age sitting on the floor. "Ouch. She pushed me right over." Cyler blinked and stared at her; almost through her.

The girl had short brunette hair pulled back by a pair of dark green goggles. She had black and white tank top covered by a navy blue coat. Her baggy jeans held up by a grey cloth belt. The girl slowly got up with a grunt. "Knock me over and not even gonna apologize. You're a real butch bitch, huh?"

Cyler balled up her fist and grabbed the girl by her coat."I'll show you a bitch! Don't you ever talk to me like that you scronny piece of shit. I'm a princess! A God damn princess!" Cyler tossed the girls aside roughly and she hit the ground with a thud.

The girl stood up after recooperating herself and dusted off her side. "She's wicked," she laughed out in amusement. She scrambled to catch up with Cyler but was too slow. She was already gone.

...