Chapter 15: A Learning Process

"In school were taught a lesson and then given a test. In life you're given a test that teaches you a lesson"- Tom Bodett
.....

Trunks gave Cyler a stern look and crossed his arms impatiently. They were hovering over their school, Hirota Prep. Cyler wasn't budging to his request though. "You have to repeat after me Cyler," Trunks said for the fifth time. "Your word is bond. And I want your word that you won't hurt anyone in school!" Cyler pitched the bridge of her nose and closed her eyes.

"If it'll make you shut up. I will not hurt anyone in school." Trunks let our a breath or relief and gestured for her to follow him towards a near by alley. They both landed there and began their walk back towards the school. They couldn't very well land in front of a bunch of people and start an uproar. Cyler pulled at her skirt while saying, "I still don't understand why all humans just don't learn to fly as they do walking. It's annoying hiding my power." Trunks adjusted his book bag to be held with one strap only on his left shoulder.

"Yea, I guess I get what you're saying. But people don't like change...or anything new for that matter. My mom said they'd rather start a witch hunt than be a part of something awesome."

"It seems your mother is one of the only humans who are worth my time." Trunks slightly nudged her arm with his elbow. "Who knows maybe you might make a friend." Cyler rolled her eyes and continued focusing on the huge building she was standing in front of now. Cheery blossoms and bright green grass was the first thing that caught her attention. Her eyes were darting back and forth as she heard children yelling and laughing with one another. Some were running and playing while others just stood in groups and talked.

"Trunks! Trunks," Cyler turned around to see the boy Trunks always played with approach them. "Hey Goten! You see Cyler is going to going to our school for now on." Trunks put his hands on his hips as if he played a huge role in her enrollment.

"Wow," Goten said with an abnormally large grin. "I've never seen you dress normal Cyler! And man am I happy you woke up. Hey did you dream in your coma!?" Goten was bouncing around her and tugging at her clothes. She batted his hand away swiftly while baring her teeth at him. He whimpered like a puppy but shrugged it off quickly. "Guess what!? You might even be in my class. We're in the same grade and stuff."

A look of horror spread across her face. She turned to Trunks who simply patted her on the back. "Good luck with that." The bell rang and all the kids began to scatter. Goten punched Trunks on the arm and awkwardly bowed to Cyler. He then took off into the building. Screeching about not being late.

Trunks nodding his head to the building so Cyler would follow him. His task was to take her to the principals office and wait to see what class she had been assigned to. A normal kid could.justbget dropped off for this, but Cyler's temper would probably make this process difficult.

The halls of Hirota had blue lockers, grey tiled floors, and white walls. Classrooms were numbered by their section in the building. Right now they were walking through the "A" section. Which consisted of everyone kindergarten and under. The "B" section was for first grade through fifth grade. And the "C" section was for sixth through eighth grade.

"Are you nervous?" Trunks asked to break the silence. Cyler looked at him. He was wringing his hands over and over again and she could see little beads of sweat.

"I think the question is; are you?" She snickered at him. "I assure you, I gave my word. I won't harm these idiots. But...I will terrify them." She only half joked. Trunks nervously laughed before clearing his throat. "Alright here's the office. Dr. Inaba can be pretty rough so try and keep your cool. For the most part he almost worships me because my mom owns most of this school. I just have to tell him we're related and he should be cool about it." Cyler hummed her acknowledgement.

Trunks reached for the door and it flew open on its own. A tall man wearing a brown suit and glasses swung it open and cleared his throat. "Welcome Mr. Briefs. What do I owe this visit?" Trunks sauntered into the room and Cyler started to do the same but the door was slammed in her face.

"I'm here to register my...um...my cousin for school." The man froze and pointed to the door slowly with a shakey hand. "Yea...that's my cousin."

"Oh dear God!" The man rushed to open it. There stood a fuming Cyler. Her eye was twitching and if you looked hard enough you could she her tail twitching as well. "I apologize Ms. Briefs!"

Cyler balled her fist up and almost punch him when she looked eyes with Trunks who was pleading with her to calm down. She let out a breath and unclenched her fist. Boy did that guy get lucky.

"Please step into my office."

...

"Okay you'll be in class 4B," Inaba said while typing in his computer. Cyler took her slip and Trunks too his tardy excuse and they both went on their way. Cyler stared at her paper intently.

"Don't worry Goten is in 20B. I'm in 12B. So you'll have to manage on your own until lunch," Cyler perked up at the sound of lunch. "That's not until eleven it's only eight forty-five," Trunks clarified. Cyler huffed.

They finally made it back to the "B" section and Trunks dropped Cyler off at her door. "Have fun!" He said with a fake evil laugh.

Cyler walked inside and the teacher. A middle height woman with short brown hair and tan skin welped. "A new student?" Cyler nodded slowly and hesitately. "Oh come come come in!" The woman practically dragged her in the center of the class.

"Everyone this is..." She looked down at her paper for her name, "Cyler and she will be joining us for the rest of the year!"

"Hi Cyler!" The class erupted. Cyler cringed at how high pitched their voices are.

This is going to be a long year.

....
I'll fix the typos later!!