16

"Good morning Makyha. I'm so happy to see you, I was starting to think you weren't going to come." "It kinda slipped my mind, I'm sorry." I nervously giggled. "So, how have you been?" "Excuse my French doc but it done been some shit." I shook my head. "Like what?" I handed her the journal. "Read for ya self." I huffed. She grabbed the journal and flipped through it. She adjusted the glasses on her face and started reading.

"Wow." She closed the notebook and looked at me. "So tell me, what was going through your mind when Trayvon reached out to you." "I was excited as hell. I was wondering if he was and when he finally did, that was the only thing on my mind." "Despite him being the sole reason of you trying to commit suicide?" "Unfortunately yes." I sighed. "I knew that deep down I wasn't done with or over him. I knew that shit would never be the same though."

"And how do you feel now?" "Nothing. After our fight and me ending up in jail, I knew we had to just leave each other alone. Between me and you doc, I done did a lot of illegal shit. It never landed me in jail. But me defending myself against him get me right in the slammer? Hell no!" "And how do you know that you feel nothing for him anymore?"

"Last week I came home to a bunch of flowers from him. Each bouquet had a card with a bunch of sweet nothings scribbled on it. I simply rolled my eyes and tossed em to the side. And the night of the fight, he said let him leave before my simple ass send him to jail and he called me a hoe and said I wasn't worth it. In all honesty I'm ready to heal doc, I just want peace and happiness in my life for once." I confessed on the verge of tears.

         "And when he said that to you, how did it make you feel?" "It made me feel like shit. Like I'm a simple hoe? It made me feel like I was worthless and meant nothing to him. Once everything was over, I sat and thought back to what he said and that alone made me say, yeah no leave him alone for good." "You may not believe it, but you seem like a different person from the last time we spoke." She smiled softly at me. "I hope so, I'm really trying to change."

"And you making that appointment and sitting down talking to me right now were your first steps." She offered me a tissue as a tear rolled down my face. "Thank you." I took it and wiped my face. "I'm happy you opened up to Glock." "Your words was going through my mind when I did. I remembered you told me to open up to somebody, and it felt kinda good." "I'm glad to hear that." "We told each other that we're glad God put us in each other's life. In some weird way he knew that we needed each other."

        Dr. Whitaker and I spoke for about another hour and even made another appointment. "Girl why you ain't answer the phone for me?" Jade said as I got in my car. "I was in therapy, what's wrong? You okay?" "You coming to Asia baby shower right?" "Damn that's today? Who the fuck have a baby shower on a Tuesday?" "That's what the fuck I wanna know! I bet ain't nobody gone be there."

       "Hush." I laughed. "You want me to meet y'all there?" "Nah we almost to yo house to pick you up." "Okay cool. Later I love you." "I love you too." I did the dash to my house so I could quickly change. Once I got to my house I already knew what to look for because I was thinking about it the whole drive. I pulled out a white two piece skirt set that I got from PLT. I went in my closet and found my powder pink Tory Burch sandals and purse. I stripped out of my clothes and slipped the set on.

        I oiled my body and put on my sandals and silver jewelry. As I was switching everything from my everyday purse to my phone started vibrating. I picked it up and answered. "Girl I been texting you, we outside." Mimi said. "Okay I'm coming right now." I sprayed a bunch of perfumes and made sure I got everything I need and left.

       "You look so pretty." Jade looked back at me and smiled. "Thank you besttt. Something simple, nothing major. Oh my goodness I don't even have a gift!" "It's straight, we gotta stop by the store anyway." Jade said. "Y'all ain't got a gift either huh?" "Nope." Mimi laughed. "I'm in a stealing mood. Go to Target." I instructed them. "Period." Jade put the nearest Target in Maps and started heading there.