11 - The Chute Task

Meme Pov

The ship has been so quiet since we found Laff out.

I decided to set up a memorial for everybody who died, since it will be so long until we get home for funerals. I printed off photos of everybody and tried to gather some of their things.

I started to set up each memorial.

I settled on holding the memorial on the top of cafeteria, near the airlock, in front of the huge window. I planned for each memorial to have about a foot between them and all be on a long cafeteria table.

First, Joocie. He died first, so it makes sense to go in order. I found one of his spare straws and I had two printed photos of him. I wanted to bring flowers for this too, but those are kind of hard to come by on a spaceship.

Next, Oof. I had one of his pairs of sunglasses and the one photo of him I could find. As I started setting Oof's things up, Nadwe and Muffin walked in.

"... Meme, why do you have all that...?" Nadwe asked confusedly from the other side of the cafeteria.

"I'm setting up memorials," I said. I hadn't even noticed that I'd begun to tear up until I heard my obviously tear-ridden voice.

"Oh. That's nice," Nadwe said awkwardly. I assumed he didnt really know how to reply. Honestly, I wouldn't either. Muffin just stood next to Nadwe in silence.

It's smart of them to stick together. Then, nobody could get them, and if Blaza hypothetically got me or vice versa, they'd know who it was. I didn't expect that amount of intelligence from 14 year old gang.

I continued setting up memorials, Nadwe and Muffin watching in silence and exchanging glances.

Then was Tbh. His death hit me the hardest, definitely. Just holding his crab hoodie in my hands was enough to make me start shaking. I heard Nadwe and Muffin start to leave, which was probably good. I set the hoodie down and wiped my face with my sleeve.

Tbh was my best friend on the ship, my right hand man. He and I were best friends since middle school. We'd always been there for eachother, and now he's gone.

I took a breath and continued setting up the memorial. I had two photos of him, plus a tiny doodle he'd made in my journal a while back.

I stepped back for a second to wipe my face and collect myself before moving on to the next one.

Next was Socks. I had his space helmet - not a spare, his actual one. Since he's so popular on social media, there were a lot of photos of him. Five in total.

And finally, Dino. He provably suffered the most. Was he ever conscious for anything after the first attack? God, I hope not. Poor dude went through a lot. I couldn't even find anything of his to memorialize. All I have are photos.

I stepped back and looked at the memorials. The only solid thought in my mind, though, was:

What if they have to make one for me next?

time skip...

Nadwe Pov

I really do think it's Blaza. I don't understand how Muffin doesn't.

Right now Muffin and I are doing tasks in storage together. We agreed that if we stay together, we have a way better chance of survival. 14 year old gang sticks together.

As I finished up my wire task in upper electrical, I headed down to my "empty chute" task. Muffin was still doing the gas task.

(real/ghost) Laff Pov

Finally.

I'm sorry you had to be the one to find it, Nadwe, but this is how it has to be.

They can finally piece together my innocence, then discover the final imposter.

Nadwe Pov

I pushed down the lever to empty the garbage chute, but it jammed. Gosh, there must be a lot of garbage in there for it to clog.

I opened up the shaft to see what was inside and remove the jam, but I was instead greeted with a horrible stench.

I instinctively turned away and gagged, catching Muffin's attention.

"Wha- Ew, that stinks." Muffin remarked. "Why'd you open it??"

"It was jammed," I said, plugging my nose. I coughed a little, feeling my nerves go crazy. Why am I feeling so scared over a bad smell?

"Close it," Muffin said. He didn't plug his nose, but he scooted far away.

"No, I gotta unclog it-" I said, still plugging my nose.

"Just skip the task," Muffin continued to urge.

"No, once we finish tasks we can go home. I'm not tryna be stuck here," I went back over to the chute and peeked inside.

Nothing in the world could have ever prepared me to see what I saw.

Cruelly stuffed into the chute, laid Laff's corpse.

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CCHATPPERRRR

UMMMMM GUYS WHAT THE SIGMA ?!

WHO DO YOU THINK IT IS PLEASE PLEASE IN THE COMMENTS SAY WHO U THINK IT IS AND WHY CUZ I WANNA KNOW IF IM MAKING IT TOO OBVIOUS IR NOT OBVIOUS ENOUGH PLZZZZZZ

LUV YOU GUYS!!!!!!!