Chapter 10: Toad Sannin

The sun was beginning to set as Tetsuya made his way through the quieter outskirts of Konoha. The evening air was filled with the sounds of cicadas and the rustling of leaves, providing a calm contrast to the usual hustle and bustle of the village center. His mind was focused on the upcoming meeting. Hiruzen had arranged for him to meet Jiraiya, one of the legendary Sannin and a key figure in gathering intelligence.

As he approached a secluded training ground, Tetsuya spotted Jiraiya sitting on a large rock. The white-haired shinobi was easy to recognize, his flamboyant outfit and relaxed demeanor setting him apart.

"Tetsuya Senju," Jiraiya called out, his voice respectful. "It's an honor to finally meet you."

Tetsuya nodded, offering a slight smile. "Jiraiya, it's nice to meet Hiruzen's disciple. He has spoken highly of you."

Jiraiya stood and bowed slightly. "You honor me, Tetsuya-san. Please, let's talk."

They settled down, the evening breeze rustling the leaves around them. Jiraiya's expression turned serious. "Oldman filled me in on your situation. Orochimaru is a major concern at the moment, and his movements are troubling. He's been experimenting with forbidden jutsu and joined a mysterious mercenary group called Akatsuki, from my source of information all of the Akatsuki members are S-class rogue shinobi."

Tetsuya frowned. "Akatsuki, we have to pay close attention to them. Anyway what do we know about Orochimaru's plans?"

"Not much, unfortunately," Jiraiya admitted. "He's been elusive. But his interest in powerful jutsu and immortality is well-documented. We need to stay vigilant."

Tetsuya nodded, absorbing the information. "Hiruzen told me about Orochimaru's ambitions. We need to counter his plans effectively."

Jiraiya leaned back, his eyes thoughtful. "Pops also mentioned you're taking on a significant role here. Possibly even the next Hokage."

Tetsuya sighed. "Yes, it's a heavy responsibility, but I believe it's the right step for Konoha."

Jiraiya smiled. "You'll do great, Tetsuya-san. But there's something else we should discuss. I see great potential in you. Have you ever heard of Sage Mode?"

Tetsuya raised an eyebrow. "Sage Mode?"

Jiraiya's grin widened. "It's a powerful technique that involves drawing natural energy into your body, enhancing your strength, speed, and sensory perception. It's not easy to learn, but it can make you incredibly powerful."

Tetsuya's interest was piqued. "And how does one learn this technique?"

"It's taught by the toads of Mount Myoboku," Jiraiya explained. "The process is rigorous and requires a strong will and deep connection with nature. But if you succeed, you'll gain abilities far beyond what most shinobi can achieve."

Tetsuya nodded slowly, the idea taking root in his mind. "It sounds intriguing. Do you think it's possible for other summons to have their own version of Sage Mode?"

Jiraiya paused, considering the question. "It's possible. The slugs of Shikkotsu Forest might have their own method. Katsuyu is incredibly powerful and wise. It would be worth investigating."

Tetsuya nodded thoughtfully. "I see. Perhaps I should visit Shikkotsu Forest and seek Katsuyu's guidance."

Jiraiya clapped him on the back. "I think it would suit you Tetsuya-san. But take your time. It's a significant commitment."

Tetsuya chuckled. "Jiraiya, drop the honorifics. We're now comrades, after all and physically I'm younger than you."

Jiraiya grinned. "You got it, Tetsuya."

As the conversation wound down, Tetsuya felt a sense of purpose. Jiraiya had given him much to think about, and the prospect of learning Sage Mode lingered in his mind.

___________________________________________

Later that night, as he sat in his room, Tetsuya's thoughts drifted back to the day's events. He had always sought ways to grow stronger and protect those he cared about. The idea of visiting Shikkotsu Forest and learning Sage Mode from the slugs was tempting.

"Should I visit my summon realm and learn Sage Mode?" he mused aloud, staring out into the night sky. The stars twinkled above, and he felt a sense of destiny calling him.

With a determined look, Tetsuya made up his mind. Konoha needed him, and he needs power to ensure its safety and prosperity.