Chapter 40: Pain!

A week had passed since the catastrophic destruction of Takigakure. The village of Amegakure, shrouded in perpetual rain, was now the focus of a daring infiltration mission. Moving through the dark, narrow alleys, a bulky figure cloaked in shadows carefully navigated his way toward the central tower. This figure was none other than Jiraiya, the legendary Sannin.

___________________________________________

Flashback: A Week Earlier

In the Hokage's office, the council members sat around the large table, the atmosphere tense and heavy with concern. The news of Takigakure's destruction and the emergence of a mysterious "God of Amegakure" had everyone on edge.

"We need to decide our course of action," Tetsuya declared, his voice firm. "This 'God of Amegakure' is a threat we can't ignore."

Fugaku Uchiha spoke up, "We should gather more intelligence before making any rash moves. We can't afford to underestimate our enemy."

Inoichi Yamanaka added, "The loss of the Seven-Tailed Beast means we have to be even more cautious. Whoever is behind this is extremely powerful."

There was a murmur of agreement around the table. Then, to everyone's surprise, Jiraiya stood up.

"I'll go," he announced, his voice resolute.

Tetsuya's eyes widened. "Jiraiya, this mission is incredibly dangerous. We don't even know what we're up against."

Jiraiya nodded. "That's why I'm the best choice. I have experience infiltrating hostile territories, and if there's anyone who can gather the information we need, it's me."

The council exchanged uneasy glances but ultimately nodded in agreement. Tetsuya sighed, knowing that once Jiraiya made up his mind, there was no changing it.

"Be careful, Jiraiya," Tetsuya said, his tone heavy with concern. "Because if something gonna happen to you, Tsunade will kill me." The atmosphere had lightened a bit and everyone chuckled because of Jiraiya's scary wife.

___________________________________________

Present Day

Jiraiya moved silently through the rain-soaked streets of Amegakure, his senses on high alert. The constant downpour felt unnatural, as if it were more than just weather-like it was some kind of sensor ability. He had to stay vigilant.

He reached the central tower, the imposing structure looming above him. Using his toad-based jutsu, Jiraiya stealthily made his way inside, his heart pounding with anticipation and dread.

Navigating the corridors, he finally reached the main chamber. As he stepped inside, he was greeted by an unexpected sight.

"Long time no see, sensei," came a voice from the shadows.

Jiraiya's eyes widened as a man with orange hair and strange piercings stepped forward, wearing a black robe adorned with red clouds. Jiraiya's shock deepened when he saw the man's eyes-Rinnegan.

"Yahiko...?" Jiraiya murmured in disbelief.

"No," the man replied, his voice cold and distant. "Yahiko is long dead, sensei. Now, only Pain remains."

Standing beside him was a woman with blue hair, her expression stoic but familiar. Paper flowers adorned her head, and her presence brought a wave of nostalgia crashing over Jiraiya.

"Konan...?" Jiraiya whispered, his heart sinking.

Konan nodded, her voice tinged with sadness. "We have changed, sensei. This world has no place for the weak."

Pain stepped forward, his Rinnegan eyes boring into Jiraiya's soul. "The era of suffering has begun, and we will bring true peace to this world through pain."

Jiraiya's mind raced, struggling to reconcile the students he once knew with the powerful figures standing before him. He knew this confrontation was inevitable, but the reality of it hit harder than he had anticipated.