Chapter 44: Six paths of Pain

The air was electric with tension as Tetsuya Senju, the Fifth Hokage, faced off against the six formidable figures of Pain. Each path exuded a menacing aura, their Rinnegan eyes unwavering in their focus on the Hokage.

"This will be your end, Tetsuya Senju," the Deva Path declared, its voice cold and emotionless.

Tetsuya's eyes narrowed. "We'll see about that."

With a burst of speed, the Animal Path summoned a colossal multi-headed dog, its growls reverberating through the tower. Tetsuya's hands moved in a blur, forming a series of hand seals.

"Water Style: Water Dragon Jutsu!" A massive dragon of water surged forth, crashing into the summoned beast and dispersing it in a torrent of liquid. The dog reformed instantly, splitting into multiple smaller yet equally ferocious beasts.

Tetsuya's eyes narrowed. "Persistent, aren't you?" he muttered. "Shadow Clone Jutsu!" In a puff of smoke, several clones appeared around him, each one moving to intercept the summoned creatures.

The Asura Path responded by launching a barrage of missiles from its mechanical arms. Tetsuya vanished, reappearing in a blue flash behind the Asura Path, his kunai slicing through its mechanical limbs with precision.

"Flying Raijin Level Two," Tetsuya muttered, his movements a blur as he teleported around the battlefield, avoiding attacks and countering with lethal efficiency. The Asura Path attempted to retaliate with a chakra blast, but Tetsuya anticipated the move and teleported behind it, delivering a crushing blow to its head, sending it crashing to the ground.

The Human Path lunged at Tetsuya, aiming to extract his soul with a touch. Tetsuya caught the Path's wrist, twisting it with a sickening crack before delivering a powerful kick that sent it flying into a wall.

"You're not taking my soul today," Tetsuya said, his voice steely.

The Preta Path moved in, attempting to absorb Tetsuya's chakra. Anticipating this, Tetsuya unleashed a torrent of water that engulfed the Preta Path, drowning it in a powerful current.

"Water style: Water Severing Wave!" he shouted, slicing through the water and the Preta Path with a razor-sharp jet of water. The Preta Path's attempts to absorb the chakra were futile as the water pressure overwhelmed and bisected it.

The Naraka Path tried to revive its fallen comrades, but Tetsuya was relentless. "Flying Raijin: Sealing Slash!" he intoned, teleporting behind the Naraka Path and severing its head with a swift stroke. The lifeless body crumpled to the ground, unable to bring back the other Paths.

Only the Deva Path remained, its expression inscrutable. "Impressive, but this ends now," it said, raising its hand. "Almighty Push!"

The force of the attack sent Tetsuya hurtling backward, crashing through the walls of the tower. He quickly regained his footing, blood trickling from a cut on his forehead.

"You're strong, I'll give you that," Tetsuya said, wiping the blood away. "But it's time to end this."

He activated Sage Mode, black marks appearing around his eyes, his power and perception heightened to their peak. The Deva Path readied another attack, but Tetsuya was faster.

"Flying Raijin: Sage Mode Assault!" he roared, teleporting directly in front of the Deva Path. His fists, imbued with natural energy, struck with incredible force. Each punch shattered bones and crippled the Path's defenses. The Deva Path tried to counter with another Almighty Push, but Tetsuya anticipated the move, using his enhanced reflexes to evade and retaliate with even greater ferocity.

In a final, decisive move, Tetsuya formed a massive Rasengan, its spiraling energy crackling with destructive power. "Sage Art: Great Water Rasengan!" he yelled, slamming the jutsu into the Deva Path, obliterating it in a violent explosion of water and chakra.

As the dust settled, Tetsuya stood amidst the ruins, his breath heavy but steady. He turned his gaze upward, sensing the presence of the true mastermind behind Pain.

"It's time to end this once and for all," Tetsuya murmured, teleporting to the top of the tower where Nagato's real body awaited.

Nagato, frail and emaciated, sat within a mechanical contraption, his Rinnegan eyes glowing with malevolent intent. "So, you've defeated my paths. Impressive, but it changes nothing," he said, his voice echoing with power despite his weakened state.

Tetsuya's eyes hardened. "Your reign of terror ends now, Nagato Uzumaki. I will bring peace back to this world."

Nagato's lips curled into a cruel smile. "Peace? You know nothing of true pain. Let me enlighten you."