Chapter 47: A return to home.

Hey guys! I'm really thankful to You for positive feedback, you guys gave me inspiration to come back to work. Cya! 

In a flash of blue and white, Tetsuya Senju, the Fifth Hokage, materialized in the heart of Konohagakure. He was in the midst of a body flicker, his destination the Hokage Tower, when suddenly, a wave of exhaustion washed over him. The aftermath of his grueling battle against Nagato hit him like a tidal wave, and he felt his strength slipping away rapidly.

"Oh crap... this battle really took a strain on me," Tetsuya muttered weakly as he began to lose control over his chakra. His body, which had been a blur of motion moments before, started to plummet towards the ground. His chakra reserves were so depleted that he couldn't even summon enough energy to soften his landing.

He closed his eyes, resigned to the painful impact that was surely seconds away. He waited... and waited... but the crash never came. Instead, he felt a strong arm catch him mid-fall, lifting him onto a shoulder with surprising ease.

"Sensei, it's alright, I am here," a familiar voice said, calm and reassuring. It was Itachi Uchiha.

Tetsuya, too weak to open his eyes fully, managed a faint smile. "Itachi-kun... take me to Tsunade. She's the only one who can help me now."

With that, the last of Tetsuya's strength left him, and he drifted into unconsciousness.

Flashback

Three years earlier, Tetsuya Senju had just been appointed as the Fifth Hokage of Konohagakure. The burden of leadership was heavy on his shoulders, and though he was confident in his abilities, the weight of the village's expectations bore down on him relentlessly. Amidst the pressures of his new role, Tetsuya found solace in the presence of Shizune, Tsunade's loyal apprentice.

At first, their interactions were strictly professional. Shizune was diligent and meticulous, always by Tsunade's side, and now by Tetsuya's as well. But there was something about her calm demeanor, her gentle smile, and the way she seemed to understand his unspoken concerns that drew Tetsuya to her. What began as mutual respect and friendship gradually blossomed into something deeper.

Their first unofficial outing was unplanned. One evening, after a particularly grueling day filled with meetings and village affairs, Tetsuya found himself wandering through the quieter parts of Konoha, seeking a moment of peace. As he walked through the dimly lit streets, he stumbled upon Shizune sitting alone on a bench near a small park, lost in thought.

"Shizune," Tetsuya called out softly, not wanting to startle her.

She looked up, surprised to see him. "Tetsuya-sama! What are you doing out here so late?"

He offered a small smile and shrugged. "Needed some fresh air. Mind if I join you?"

"Of course not," she replied, moving over to make room for him.

They sat in comfortable silence for a while, the night air cool and refreshing. Eventually, Tetsuya broke the silence.

"It's peaceful here," he said, looking up at the stars. "I come here sometimes to clear my mind."

Shizune nodded, her gaze following his. "It's a nice place to think. I've been coming here since I was a child."

Tetsuya turned to her, genuinely curious. "What were you thinking about?"

Shizune hesitated for a moment before answering. "Just... everything. The village, my responsibilities, Tsunade-sama... you."

Tetsuya raised an eyebrow. "Me?"