Introductions

Owen stood in front of you, muscles tensed as if ready to react if this was a trap. He was still sceptical that the parks could ever work since all of them had crashed and failed in the past.

"Mr Grady, I was shocked when you agreed to come back." You said without thinking.

He eyes you for a moment.

"The only reason I came back was that they convinced me the park was safe and that I was to work with some one-of-a-kind trainer and that I 'wouldn't believe what they've with the raptors'." He said slowly, eyes flickering around rather nervously and arms folded tightly across his chest.

You flushed bright red,

"They said that?" You gasped aloud.

His eyes flocked to your face.

"You're the 'one of a kind trainer'?" He asked you suspiciously.

You nodded slowly and held out your hand for him to shake.

"I wouldn't say one of a kind at all, but I'm the only trainer here. I'm (Y/N), it's nice to meet you, Mr Grady." You said.

He didn't shake your hand right away. You saw him sizing you up a bit and examining you. Then slowly, he took your hand and shook it. You could feel how hesitant he was. You didn't blame him, with everything that happened last time he visited the park. You brought your hand back to your side and then gestured towards the main building.

"If you'll follow me, I'll give you a tour of the new building." You said with as much of a smile as you could muster.

His only reply was a grunt as he followed behind.

You led him into the building and began your tour. Arriving in front of the laboratories, you swiped your clearance card. The door slowly crept open.

"Hello, everyone." You called out with a smile, "This is Mr Grady; I'm sure you'll have heard of him."

You turned to Owen and smiled.

"Mr Grady, this is our lab team; they're working on the new dinosaurs. They're also looking into genetic modifications to make them less dangerous." You told him, "We're looking to give them a sort of 'kill switch' in case they ever get loose."

He looked very sceptical. He just held up his hand in greeting to everyone. You closed the door and continued down the corridor. You heard the familiar sounds of Indigo's running ahead and smiled widely.

"Oh, here's Indigo now!" You announced to Owen.

He looked confused. 

"Who's Indig- RAPTOR LOOSE!" he yelled out, clearly looking for a weapon as your raptor closed the distance.

"Calm down, please, Mr Grady." You told him as you approached Indigo.

She let out a slight squeak-like noise and pushed her head against your outstretched palm. You made a few noises, and Indigo tackled you to the ground. You could see Owen's visibly panicked face as the raptor snuggled into you.

"Indigo! You're getting too heavy for this!" You laughed as you pet the raptor's head.

Indigo got back onto her feet, and you slowly stood up.

"If you get any heavier, you're going to crush me." You giggled.

Indigo made a few more noises and then went to sniff Owen. He tensed as the raptor came closer and stuck his hands out in front of him.

"Don't worry, Mr Grady, Indigo won't hurt you. I have trained her very well." You told him.

You could tell from just one look that he didn't trust you in the slightest. But he put his hands down and let Indigo sniff him. Indigo then raised her head and cried out into the air. You smirked, and Sapphire bolted into sight and came to sniff him too.

"Now girls, don't crowd Mr Grady." You told them.

They looked at you, then at Owen. Owen could have sworn one of them rolled their eyes. Then the two backed up to your side. You placed a hand on either raptor and smiled at Owen.

 "Perhaps a formal introduction is required. Mr Grady, this is Sapphire and Indigo. They're the raptors I raised from eggs. We found the eggs in a nest. The Indominus Rex had smashed the others during your time at the park." You told him.

"You've raised these raptors yourself? So they're under your 'control' right now?" He asked you, actually looking curious, albeit a bit challenging, for the first time.

"Yes, my girls trust me. I'm the alpha." You told him.

He raised an eyebrow.

"Prove it.". 

You smirked; perhaps you would like this man after all.

"Indigo, down. Sapphire, down." You commanded.

The two lowered themselves down a little, and you placed one foot on each raptor's back. You took a deep breath and then looked at Owen.

"Up."

Both raptors rose again to full height, carefully balancing you on their backs.

Owen looked thoughtful for a moment, "Interesting. Teach me how to do that."