Grand Opening

You awoke in the morning, full of panic and excitement. The grand opening was today, meaning you'd be giving your first hands-on raptor show. Anyone who had known about the last park would expect to see the raptor displays still done from above. The past raptors were never willingly handled, so this would be a big surprise. The first show was in a mere forty minutes. You fixed your hair, slid on your uniform and thoroughly brushed your teeth. Couldn't have the guests smelling your morning breath! Or Owen's, for that matter.

"Can you keep the noise down?"

You heard a groan come from your bed.

"Just get up. The first show is in twenty minutes, and we haven't eaten yet."

You sighed. Owen gave a few grunts of complaint, and you ended up trying to pull him out of bed by his ankle.

"I don't want to get up." He complained.

"Oh, why is it you're always up early, but then the one time you NEED to be ready, you won't even get out of bed?!".

Owen rolled his eyes.

"Fine. I'll get up. But I'm cranky when I'm tired." He huffed.

He went into the bathroom to shower and change.

You both ended up running as fast as you could to the outdoor area. You readied yourself to go out first whilst Owen rounded up the raptors. You clipped on a mic pack and took a deep breath. You stepped through the doors, and a dozen or more camera flashes went off.

"Hello everybody, and welcome to our brand new attraction!" You called out with a wave.

 Cheers erupted. You walked forwards to the centre of the cage.

"We are very proud to present this after working hard for months to perfect it for you guys! We'd also like to welcome back, Mr Owen Grady, from the first Jurassic World Park."

The door opened again, and Owen walked out to greet everyone. He put on just as much of a show as you did. You both waved and waited for the cheering to subside before speaking again and earning more cheers.

"Now, for the moment that I'm sure you've all been waiting for! We'd like you to meet our new raptors. Please welcome, Indigo and Flame!" You announced.

There was a confused ripple of voices through the crowd as they looked around them to see where the pen with the raptors was. Then the door opened behind you, and the two raptors merrily approached, coming to stand beside you two. Gasps erupted, followed by even more cheering.

"Indigo, say hello!" You said.

Indigo gave a great roar.

"And you too, Flame," Owen said.

Flame copied Indigo with another roar.

The show went on for forty minutes before you brought out the little ones. Everyone seemed to coo at them. Of course, they were still causing trouble, but thankfully, they had grown too big to fit through the cage bars. They ran around, pulling on their mother's tail and chasing their father. Everyone loved it.

Eventually, the hour slot was up, and you and Owen retired inside the building for some much-needed lunch. You say opposite each other in silence for a while.

"So that went well, huh?" Owen asked eventually.

You smiled brightly,

"It really did!" You said with a cheery voice.

"They seemed to love the little ones. They're such troublemakers." He chuckled.

"Just like their parents." You mused.

Indigo and Flame had stopped roughing up the interns as much now, but their children had taken their place by circling them and scaring them even more. You both finished up dinner and went to take the next show.

You had three show slots before you could leave and go out to see the resort in full bloom. You went to look at everything, from the dinosaurs to the rides. They ended up in the place you wanted to avoid the most. Gold's new habitat. He stalked around angrily until he spotted you. You pressed one hand to the glass, and his large head rose up to match it.

"Hey there, boy." You murmured softly.

A few kids kept asking questions about your shows and asking if they could come to meet the raptors. Of course, due to health and safety reasons, you couldn't let them. Owen hurried you away from Gold and back down to the resort, where you both sat together on a bench with some icy cold drinks, just enjoying the sun. You meant your head on his shoulder, and he turned to kiss your forehead.

"It's a beautiful day." He commented.

You nodded.

"It sure is."

Then you jumped to your feet and threw up in the nearest bin.

"Well, that's not beautiful." Owen teased you gently, patting your back, "I'm not buying you any more drinks. You can't hold your liquor."

You wiped your mouth clean with a napkin and laughed softly.

"Sorry about that."