Radio

"How about Lily?" You suggested slowly.

Owen smiled softy.

"Lily... I like that." He said, testing the name out for himself.

"Um, Owen, can we make her middle name 'Sapphire'?".

Owen kissed your forehead and nodded.

"I think that's a fitting tribute."

You smiled up at him and then kissed Lily's forehead.

"We still need to get to the radio tower." Owen reminded you.

You sighed. 

"I don't know how this is going to work. I can barely walk."

Owen stroked your head lightly.

"I'm not surprised. You just gave birth. We'll stay until you feel good enough to walk."

You nodded once and then settled into the bed as Owen helped you hold Lily again.

The time between Lily's birth and your departure passed in a blur. It was hard caring for Lily when you didn't have any of the things you needed. When your legs finally felt strong enough, you, Maria and Owen set off. Owen made a makeshift papoose to carry Lily in, making sure she was fully supported and safe. It was odd to see Owen with a baby strapped to his front. You headed towards the radio tower, wondering just how many dinosaurs were free around the park now. You doubted there were many, if any, survivors other than your group. Your journey started smoothly enough, though every time there was any kind of dinosaur-related noise, you jumped out of your skin.

You reached the base of the tower in around a day and a half of walking. Poor Lily didn't like all the movement from Owen's walking, and she woke from her naps quite often. The only time you had her was when she needed to feed, but you did make funny faces at her every chance you got. The curious look in her little eyes was unbelievably adorable. Now you were at the tower, and you had to try and contact the mainland. You and Maria sat with Lily, rocking her and trying to get her to settle, whilst Owen tried his best to contact someone.

It was an hour before you finally heard Owen talk to someone.

"We need help. The dinosaurs Isla Nublar are running free. We need transport off of the island."

 You heard him frantically explaining the situation to whoever he had reached. He then paused as if listening.

"How long?!" He suddenly exclaimed, clearly angry.

"No, 24 hours isn't good enough. Did you not hear the part about the carnivorous dinosaurs?!".

 You flinched; it was rare Owen got so angry.

"Get here as soon as you can, alright?" He growled into the radio.

When he turned it off, he groaned loudly.

"Damn it!" He yelled.

"Owen, it's alright." You soothed, handing Lily over to Maria whilst you went to comfort him.

"No, it's not alright. We have to stay on this island until tomorrow." He complained.

You kissed him softly, which seemed to distract from the subject.

"No more yelling. You'll upset the baby." You whispered in his ear.

He swallowed and nodded, not saying a word. You knew the wait for the rescue put everyone in more danger, but at least there would be a rescue attempt. And so the wait began as you, Owen and Maria huddled together, trying to keep baby Lily happy. If she cried too loudly, she might attract unwanted attention, and that would be disastrous...