Training

After the unfortunate incident with the bin, Owen had escorted you back to your room and sat with you until you felt better. Eventually, you had both fallen asleep in your room, since Owen couldn't be bothered walking across the hall.

By the following morning, you felt much better, but then you came to the realisation you'd have to go to the morning meeting and face your mother. You and Owen walked down the corridor together; He seemed highly concerned about you. You hadn't been acting yourself at all this morning. You kept fidgeting and playing with your hands. Owen sat in the chair next to you and grabbed one of your hands to stop you. You looked at him with an apologetic glance.

"Don't worry about it," Owen said gently, rubbing comforting circles into the back of your hand.

You offered him a half-hearted smile and then cast your eyes down. Suddenly the door opened, and you jumped as if you'd been shocked.

"Good morning staff, welcome to the first weekly park meeting." Your mother said as she strode into the room, "I'm assuming everyone had a productive day yesterday? I haven't heard a single complaint from our guests." 

She flicked her greyed locks over her shoulder.

 "I want to assign a trainer to work with one of our new attractions during the evenings. The Mortisaurus." She said, then she cast a cold glance directly at you and Owen, "Since you two seem to come as a pair, I'd like you both to begin training immediately.".

You and Owen exchanged a look, his was furious, but yours was terrified. As soon as he saw the look in your eyes, his expression softened, and he mouthed, 'It'll be okay.'. You closed your eyes for a moment and took a deep breath.

For the rest of the meeting, your mother rambled on about different exhibits. She went on, assigning trainers to some of the herbivores and meeting with grumbled complaints all around. You were ready to break right out of the meeting room as soon as possible. Once the meeting ended, you and Owen were the first to leave. You stood outside, leaning against the wall.

"It'll be alright," Owen promised gently, sweeping his thumb under your eyes to wipe away the tears.

He cupped your face gently and planted a soft, comforting kiss on your lips.

"As much as I used to love Gold, he's turned into a monster. He's dangerous." You whispered to Owen.

"I know." He replied softly, kissing you once more.

"We'll tackle it when we get to it. Right now, we have a show to do."

You shared one last kiss before you went to collect your raptors and set up the microphones for your first show of the day.

The shows passed in a long blur; the only incident was that Rex jumped at the cage bars as soon as he saw his 'favourite' intern, Michael. Michael had let out a high-pitched scream and bolted straight away. It has left the whole crowd in tears of laughter, and Rex looked pretty pleased with himself.

Soon enough, you and Owen were in the indoor training area once again, training the little ones up. They were almost big enough to learn some of the more complex things like their parents. You'd only just finished training when the door opened to reveal Jim.

"Training time." He said with a smirk.

You exchanged a look with Owen before following Jim to Gold's enclosure. He left you both there as you prepared yourselves to tackle the problem. Owen protested incredibly hard, but eventually, it was decided you should go in first. The gate opened, and you took a few steps inside. You didn't bother to close it, as there was no way Gold could fit through the door. It made you wonder just how exactly they got him in.

Gold took one long look at you, then bent his colossal head down to sniff you. He nudged you around with his nose for a bit, eventually extending his long tongue to lick you. You were instantly soaked in his saliva. You could hear Owen trying and failing to suppress laughter as it dripped from your face. But Gold wasn't attacking, and that was good.

Then you saw something that definitely wasn't good. Right at the back of Gold's enclosure. Eggs.