Gigaceratops

"Well." You began, examining both tests once more.

"One says Negative."

His face dropped for a moment before you added.

"And the other days positive.".

He sat quietly for a moment.

"So what does that mean?" He asked.

"It means, I don't know if I am or not. We should go to the doctor." You told him softly.

He nodded, seemingly understanding. You both got up and headed off to the staff's doctor's office.

You timidly knocked on the door. The resident doctor opened the door with her usual warm smile. She was only about 5ft tall, she was in her late 40s and had prematurely grey hair.

"Ah, Miss (Y/N)! Another scratch? Little ones bite you?" She asked.

"No, no. Not this time, Maria." You said, offering her a smile.

She seemed concerned then and opened the door to let both of you inside.

"What seems to be the problem?"

You sat down on one of the chairs, then pulled the pregnancy tests out of your pocket.

"Two different results." You told her.

She frowned.

"These were taken at the same time?"

"Yes, she took them about twenty minutes ago." Owen chimed in.

Maria seemed confused for just a moment before she snapped into her professional routine.

"Well, if you can provide another urine sample, I can run another test for you. If that gives inconclusive results, we can run a blood test." She explained.

You nodded and got up. She gave you a cup and guided you to the bathroom.

A little while later, you and Owen were sitting in the chairs of the office, waiting for the test results. Maria came back into the room.

"The tests have all come back positive. Congratulations." She said, her warm smile even wider than normal.

Something came over Owen, because he grasped you and pulled you into a tight hug. You laughed softly.

"Someone's happy." You murmured softly in his ear.

You felt him nod before he released you.

"It's just, when the first test came back negative, I was so disappointed. When I saw you buying the tests, I was a little scared, but after you took them I was left with no doubt." He told you, grasping one of your hands tightly and then bringing it up to his lips for a brief second.

You were four weeks pregnant. You and Owen didn't want to risk jinxing anything, so you decided not to tell anyone for the time being. The raptors seemed to sense something was different though. You had gone straight to your mother and told her you did NOT want to work with Gold. She was the only person who knew about your pregnancy other than Owen. If you hadn't told her, she wouldn't have let you return to your normal duties.

The visitors came and went with the days. Everything seemed pretty calm and surreal. You and Owen were blissfully happy.

Approaching the eighth month of your pregnancy, you were working with the raptors when an alarm sounded across the park.

"No way, a security breech?" You said, turning to look at Owen.

His eyes flooded with concern and you both rushed straight to the control room.

"The Gigaceratops has gone berserk!" Someone screamed as you rushed into the room.

The large engineered dinosaur was thrashing around its enclosure, smashing it to bits. The hole was almost big enough for it to fit through.

"We noticed that it had stopped eating its plant food. Turns out, someone managed to slip carnivore DNA into the sequence whilst we were engineering it. A stray child just got into the enclosure and it swallowed the kid whole!".

You and Owen exchanged horrified looks. You watched on the monitors as it rammed its huge body into the enclosure walls once more and broke through. The Gigscerstops was loose. And hungry.