𝟐.𝟑

Stefan walked into the campsite, with Ray on his back. He noticed the bodies and Klaus sitting with Arielle's unconscious body in his lap, as he sipped on a beer.

"What...uh...what happened?" he asked hesitantly, setting Ray down. He was almost scared of the answer by the the bodies were ripped.

"According to Arielle...they went rabid. Some of them she killed, the others appear to have bled out. In the end...they're all dead."

Out of rage, Klaus threw the beer on the floor causing it to break, "I did everything I was told." he yelled, "I should be able to turn them. I broke the curse. I killed the werewolf. I killed a vampire. I killed the doppleganger."

The hybrid saw a strange look on Stefan's face but thought it was because of the bite, "You look like hell."

"Last I checked, I'm dying, and you don't want to heal me." he then noticed Klaus eyeing Ray's dead body, "I had to take him out. I didn't have a choice. I failed you. I'm sorry....do whatever you have to do."

Klaus got up and made sure Arielle was in a comfortable position before grabbing a bottle and putting some of his blood in it, "It should have worked." he muttered.

He handed Stefan the bottle, "Bottoms up.....We're leaving." he picked up Arielle in his arms and started walking away from the campsite.

~~~

When Klaus was adjusting Arielle in the car, she woke up, "Go back to sleep, love." he whispered softly.

Arielle sat right and shook her head, "I don't need to go back to sleep." she muttered back.

Klaus sighed and closed the door before making his way to the drivers side. The two sat in the car for a couple moments before Klaus spoke, "I don't think you're a killer."

"Me either." she mumbled.

The man furrowed his brows, "What?"

"I don't think I'm a killer either." she clarified.

"You should go look for your sister." he suggested.

"Aren't I supposed to be your hostage?"

Klaus rolled his eyes, "Forget it."

"No, no, no, I will, look for her." she then looked at her clothes, "I just need to take a shower first."

"Yes, you do."

The pair waited for Stefan to arrive and when he did they went off and stopped at the nearest motel so Arielle could shower.

Then Klaus drove her to the airport and compelled her a first-class ticket for a two hour flight back home. After she arrieved in Virginia she got a cab to take her back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arielle got home around 8:00 AM, and thankfully her mom was going out, when she arrieved.

"Arielle?" Liz said in disbelief.

"Hey mom."

"Where the hell have you and Caroline been? She sends me a message two months ago telling me you two are taking a vacation in New York and you guys text me once a week telling me you're fine, and then you show up here, and where's Caroline? Did she stay-"