2.12

Arielle was walking around looking for her sister. The party had ended a couple minutes ago, and Caroline had the car keys. So Arielle couldn't exactly leave.

She walked into one of the offices and saw Klaus with a bottle of champagne in hand. She was about to turn around and leave, but then she saw his face.

He looked sad, actually 𝑠𝑎𝑑. Arielle hadn't seen him like that, 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟. She walked further into the room and asked, "You okay?"

The man didn't answer her. Instead, he looked straight ahead with unreadable emotions written on his face.

"Klaus? What is it?" she tried again.

Arielle sighed once he didn't answer. She turned around and started to walk out, but his voice stopped her, "I killed Mikael." he muttered.

The girl turned back to face him, "You what?" she asked, not understanding his words.

"I killed him! I killed Mikael." he repeated louder, "I killed him. But I don't feel better. I thought, that when I killed him, I would feel better." he said as he smashed the bottle onto the ground.

Arielle stayed silent as he kept speaking, "I shouldn't feel guilty. He tormented me my whole life, he wasn't a father! Why do I feel so guilty? I shouldn't feel guilty. I should be glad. Why don't I feel glad?" he asked, his voice breaking.

Arielle saw the tears flooding his eyes, and then she saw them spill, "Klaus. That isn't how it works." she said softly, "Even if you get rid of your demons, they'll still haunt you." she said walking closer to him.

"Mikael was a fucking 𝑑𝑖𝑐𝑘! And yes, he tormented you, but I think deep down, there's still a part of you that wants his approval." she said.

Klaus scoffed, "I don't want nor need his approval."

"Are you sure?" she asked, "Maybe 𝑦𝑜𝑢, Klaus, the hybrid, doesn't. But maybe, Niklaus, that young boy, does. Maybe, you're still carrying around the shame that Mikael made you feel on a daily basis, when all you wanted was his love. So yes, maybe you, as the hybrid, don't need it. But maybe you, as a scared child, does." she said.

"Because even if we grow up and we move on from our past trauma, it still stays within us. Mikael is 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 trauma. He will haunt you. Not everyday, but somedays, you'll wake up and you'll feel as if he's judging you everystep you take. All you can do, is decide if your going to let it affect you."

Klaus soaked in her words, with tears streaming down his face. Arielle maintained eye contact with him; as he got closer to her and then hugged her.

She wasn't expecting the hug, but she hugged him back. She could tell he needed it at the moment. The way he held her tight and sunk his face into the crook of her neck.

He was reminding her of herself at the moment.

When she killed all those witches, and Elijah would hold her daily, trying to calm her down. Klaus was in the same spot she was a couple years ago, and at that moment, she would be fine with just Elijah's presense.

So she assumed that's what Klaus needed. Someone to just hold him. Someone to just 𝑙𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑛 to him, who won't judge him and will just give him advice.

So she stayed there, holding him and letting him cry on her shoulders. She was going to stay there until ℎ𝑒 let go; until ℎ𝑒 said he was fine.

Even if it took all night.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arielle walked through her front door, with her heels and coat in hand. She set her house keys down and walked into the living room, where she saw her sister.

"Why are you coming home so late?" Caroline asked.

"Because you have the car keys." she reminded her, "I had to get a ride from Klaus."

Caroline's face dropped, "Klaus?" she repeated, making her sister nod, "As in Rebekah's brother, Klaus?"

"Do you know any other Klaus'? " she asked setting her things down in the armchair and sitting down next to Caroline.

"I'm sorry! I totally forgot." she said quickly.

"It's fine, Care." she assured.

"No, it's not." Caroline contradicted, "But Tyler vervained me and-"

"He what!?!" she yelled.

"Yeah!" she confirmed, ashamed, "He said Klaus warned him about our friends trying something and he wanted to get me out of the house, but he knew I wouldn't leave, so he vervained me."

Arielle pulled the girl in and let her lay down on her shoulder, "You still feel guilty for what you said to Elena?"

"Yeah." she breathed out, "But I feel that I had to get it out there."

"You should've. Don't hold things back on people, Care."

"What if they're someone I've known for a long time?"

"𝐸𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 then." she said, "Doesn't matter who it is. Always tell them how you feel. If you don't, they'll keep hurting you over and over again."

"When did you get so wise?" she asked playfully.

"I have no clue."

Caroline laughed a little bit, "Well, I love the advice. And I'll try my best to apply it into my life."

Arielle smiled, "I'm proud."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What are you doing here?" Caroline asked as she opened her front door.

"Where's Arielle?" Klaus asked quickly.

"What do you need with her? It's only 9:00am!"

"Caroline!" he said sternly, "It's urgent."

"Sleeping." she answered reluctantly, making him sigh in annoyance, "Why?"

"Stefan took my coffins." he answered.

"He what!?"

"Exactly. I thought Arielle might want to come so she could find Elijah. Since she's sleeping just inform her I stopped by." he said starting to walk away.

"Wait!" she said making him turn around, "I'm coming with you."

"You are?" he asked as she locked her house.

"Elijah is Arielle's bestfriend." she stated, "I'm coming with. Plus, they have Bekah."

"Alright. Let's get going then." Klaus said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

𝑯𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆

𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒇𝒊𝒈𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈

𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒓𝒚 𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒌 𝑰 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒓

𝑬𝒏𝒋𝒐𝒚𝒚𝒚𝒚