2.9

Arielle burst out laughing, making everyone confused, "That's a good one." she said composing herself, "But my parents are-well, I actually don't know, because they abandoned me."

The pair looked down ashamed. Liz cleared her throat and said, "Me and Caroline will give you three some time." she said before walking out with Caroline behind her, who only gave Arielle a supportive thumbs up.

The were-witch sighed before sitting across from her so called '𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴'. Silence filled the room quickly. And it wasn't a comfortable one either.

"We didn't abandon you." the women spoke, breaking the silence, and looking at her, "We were murdered."

Arielle seriously didn't believe any of this, so she stood up and said, "Yeah, okay! Look, I got woken up for this and I'm 𝘸𝘢𝘺 too tired for this weird-ass conversation. And you I don't know who you two psychos think you are, but if you were really "𝘮𝘶𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥" as you say, then how are you here?"

She was met with silence from the pair so she spoke again, "I'm going back to sleep. You two can show yourselves out." she turned to walk away but stopped when the man said.

"You have a birthmark with the shape of a star on your lower left hip." Arielle stopped and looked down at her hip and slightly touched her hip before turning around with tears in her eyes.

"Congratulations, you can break into medical files." she said, not wanting to believe them.

The man stood up and walked closer to her, "We both know, that isn't how we know that." he was right. But Arielle wouldn't admit that.

Liam got closer to her and slowly raised his hand, and when she didn't flinch away, he put it to her cheek, "Let us explain, please." he pleaded, "And if you still don't believe us, then we'll leave."

Arielle pushed back the tears, "Fine." she muttered softly before returning to her seat. Liam also went back to his seat and grabbed his wife's hand before the women started explaining.

"When you were two months old, we were murdered. Our pack knew how important you were, so they sent you and your cousin away-"

"Cousin? As in Hayley?" she asked and they both nodded.

"Yes, her father was my brother. We were both murdered on the same day." Liam informed.

Arielle nodded slowly taking in all the information as  Corrine continued, "They people our pack sent you with didn't get too far. A curse was placed on them, before they could even reach the border of Louisiana. Our pack is still there and still under the curse."

"Louisiana? Ew." she muttered to herself, although the pair heard. Corrine laughed while Liam just sighed.

"New Orleans isn't so bad." Liam defended.

Arielle scoffed, "I guess not, but it's still Louisiana."

"That's what I used to say." Corrine said.

Arielle looked at them for a moment, she almost wanted to believe it. But she spent her whole life resenting her parents for abandoning her. And now here they were.

"What else can you tell me?" she asked and noticed how their faces slightly lit up.

"You were born May 9th, 1991, in New Orleans, Louisiana. Your real name is Maeve Labonair. Other than that birthmark on your hip, you have two more, one on your left wrist, and another one behind your ear." Corrine said and Arielle could tell she was holding back tears, and so was she.

The young girl stood up and hugged both of them, which they gladly returned. Arielle felt the tears spill from her eyes as she hugged them. They were her 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭 parents, and they didn't abandon her.