2.8

Arielle walked next to Caroline, Bonnie, and Elena. The girl didn't really want to be there, but she knew she'd never hear the end of it from Caroline, so she sucked it up.

"Here we are. Senior year!" Caroline said, as excited as she could.

"Anyone else think it should feel slightly more empowering?" Bonnie asked making Arielle nod.

"Took the words right out of my mouth." she muttered.

"Ok. So prank night was a bust. But we are accepting it and moving on." Caroline announced.

The girls started walking as Bonnie spoke, "You're right. I mean, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his dead girlfriend hinder this experience?"

"Yes! And why should I let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid by a psycho, I spent the summer with, put a damper on an otherwise fabulous day?"

"𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘣𝘰𝘺𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴, 𝘐 𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦." Arielle thought to herself as they slowed down and turned back to Elena who had stopped.

"Today's our anniversary." she said making the girls confused.

"What?" Arielle asked.

"Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year." she explained.

Bonnie sighed, "Yeah, you win."

Arielle scoffed, "Are we competing for all of our tragedies now?" she asked the Bennett witch sarcastically.

"Well, no, but-"

"Whatever, I'm gonna find Rebekah. See y'all later" she walked off without giving them another thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arielle was helping Caroline put up flyers for the bonfire when Elena came up to them, "I forgot about the bonfire." she commented seeing the flyers.

"You have to go." Caroline quickly demanded, "It's our first spirit squad event. And it sets the bar for the whole year-"

"Relax, Caroline. I'll be there." She assured with a small laugh.

Caroline went to say something but Tyler cut her off by kissing her making Arielle look away in disgust. Elena then noticed something red on the new hybrids shirt.

"Is that blood?" Elena asked making Caroline pull away and notice his shirt.

"Oh my God." Arielle muttered in disbelief. Caroline grabbed her boyfriend by the arm and dragged him to the nearest bathroom with Elena and Arielle close behind.

"What's going on?" Tyler asked as they entered the bathroom.

"Vampire 101...don't wear your breakfast to school." Caroline scolded as Elena checked the stalls to make sure no one was in there.

"Chill out. It's just a blood bag." he assured calmly.

"From where?" Arielle asked.

"Rebekah hooked me and Marcus up!" he told her.

"Rebekah?" Elena questioned, "Why are you talking to her?"

"Klaus told her to keep watch on me and Marcus. Protect his new assets." he said with a smile, as if he was almost.....proud?

"His what?" Caroline exclaimed in disbelief, "Why are you amused by this?" she asked noticing his smile.

Arielle noticed the tension starting to rise and excused herself from the bathroom. She wasn't going to get in the middle of that argument.