Chapter 11

Jennie stretched, getting changed into boxers and a singlet for bed.

Roseanne was in the bathroom, carrying out a lengthy beauty routine.

Jennie had showered and brushed her teeth within fifteen minutes before heading into the bedroom to get dressed.

Roseanne had taken a half hour shower approximately an hour ago. Jennie rolled her eyes. The woman was high maintenance. Surely it didn't matter how much she moisturised when her Veela blood assured she would look gorgeous.

Jennie clambered into bed. She already felt extremely relaxed.

She thought about what Charles said. It did get her hopes up a little, and made her feel a bit braver with the blonde.

The door of the bathroom finally opened and Roseanne entered, nude again and entirely unbothered. She turned off the lights and glided elegantly to bed, climbing in as if it were her usual routine to share her bed with Jennie already.

Jennie, braver still in the darkness, grabbed Roseanne firmly and pulled her in to cuddle. Roseanne made a little noise of surprise.

"You are bold this evening," Roseanne commented, "I like it, it reminds me of how you were the evening I stayed over at Grimmauld Place."

Jennie felt a twinge of arousal at that. She held Roseanne tightly. Roseanne let out a noise of content, snuggling in to her sleepily.

Jennie smiled, falling asleep easily.

She awoke in the late morning the next morning. She felt energised and incredibly rested. She was sure she had never felt as rested before in her life.

Roseanne got up and stretched, before proceeding to the ensuite without prompting. Jennie grinned, getting up and getting changed. It was nice that Roseanne was warming to her a little. Or at least not annoyed by her.

Jennie pulled on a tee, jeans and jumper. Roseanne soon returned, dressed in a casual dress and a cosy oversized cardigan.

They headed downstairs, Roseanne immediately drifting in to the dining room to seek out some breakfast. Jennie dallied, watching Roseanne from the hallway.

"Conflicted?"

Jennie jumped. She hadn't noticed the temperature rising in the air. But a warmth had definitely fallen over her. Cassandra stood nearby, watching Jennie with an amused smile.

"Er, just thinking about Roseanne," Jennie admitted awkwardly.

Cassandra drew closer to her, ushering her to walk with her. Jennie walked further down the hallway with the Veela.

"You can tell me," Cassandra said in her strange hypnotic voice, "I won't tell anyone else."

It was strange, but Jennie believed her. She found herself oddly at ease with the beautiful creature.

"I... Uh... Sometimes it seems like she is warming to me, sometimes I feel like I'm pushing her away," Jennie admitted, "I can't tell what it is that I do that makes her warm to me."

Cassandra smiled slyly, her eyes briefly shimmering silvery.

"You mean... You can't figure out why she slept with you the first time and hasn't shown much interest since?" Cassandra asked, causing Jennie to blush.

"I... Er..." Jennie mumbled awkwardly.

Cassandra chuckled, cocking her head to one side pityingly.

"Poor human," Cassandra cooed, "Think about your manner... What is different to the first time?"