Chapter 16

Jennie paced the garden of Grimmauld Place. She wasn’t sure what to do.

Her head was full of thoughts. Guilt over not realizing that Roseanne had been struggling with this issue. Frustration that Roseanne hadn’t shared it with her earlier. A deep affection driving her to seek out the blonde and soothe her.

She went back inside, scooping up a beer and sipping at it agitatedly.

Amelie approached her through the throng of partygoers.

“Hey Golden Girl,” Amelie greeted flirtily, “You look a little troubled.”

“Hey Amelie,” Jennie sighed, “Yeah… I’m having trouble with Roseanne.”

“Well, pregnant women can be a little moody,” Amelie shrugged, before realization crossed her face, “Wait—is Roseanne the woman you’re hung up on?! Of course!”

Jennie blushed prettily, making Amelie grin wider.

“Oh, you are sooo cute,” Amelie squealed, “Roseanne is so lucky—ugh!”

“I wouldn’t say she’s that lucky,” Jennie said glumly, “We got into an argument and I said some stupid things.”

“Everyone says stupid things in an argument,” Amelie placated, “Just flash that adorable smile of yours and talk it out.”

Jennie sighed.

“I’m not sure it’s as simple as that,” Jennie groaned.

“Nooope, you aren’t going to overthink this one!” Amelie giggled, grabbing Jennie by the shoulders and steering her towards the crowd, “Go find your woman and talk it out.”

She gave Jennie a light shove and a slap on the butt, resulting in a surprised yelp from the Golden Girl.

Jennie pushed her way through the crowd, trying to find silvery blonde hair amongst the throngs of people.

She saw platinum blonde and pushed through, stumbling across a blonde snogging a raven-haired boy.

“Roseanne--? Oh, sorry!” Jennie stammered, realizing that the blonde was Jisoo and the raven-haired boy was Eunwoo.

They hadn’t even heard her, too wrapped up in each other. Jisoo’s hands were clasped tightly behind Eunwoo’s neck. Eunwoo’s were buried in Jisoo’s platinum blonde hair.

For once she wouldn’t be the one that had had a scandalous tryst at a party. Jennie smirked, leaving her two friends to continue kissing.

Jennie continued pushing her way through the crowd, again seeking out Roseanne in the crowd. She spotted another platinum blonde, this one with a silvery quality to their hair.

Jennie rushed forward, grabbing the woman’s shoulder.

“Roseanne, I— Oh, for Pete’s sake!” Jennie had whirled around one of Roseanne's French friends.

“Salut,” the woman greeted, “Sophie, remember? And you’re Jennie, non?”

“Er, yeah,” Jennie mumbled awkwardly, “Sorry for, er, grabbing you… I’m looking for Roseanne.”

“She went off with some of our other friends, quite upset,” Sophie replied, “Would you like to accompany me while I get a fresh wine instead? Roseanne probably just needs some time to vent with her friends.”

“Oh… Okay,” Jennie said, disappointed. She followed the blonde through the crowd to the kitchen.

Her hair really did have the same silvery quality to it that Roseanne's did. It was just as perfectly straight as Roseanne's, too.