Chapter 13

Jennie got home to Grimmauld Place, feeling on top of the world for cheering Roseanne up. Maybe she could do a great job of supporting Roseanne and the baby.

"Hey Jennie! Back from seeing your baby-mumma?" Lisa greeted Jennie tipsily.

Lisa, Jennie, Eunwoo and Bambam were lounging around the living room, sharing a few beers.

"Hey-" Jennie started defensively, before realizing that, yes, that was literally what she had been doing, "Yeah, I was with Roseanne. We had another check up and things are going really well."

She smiled, which in turn seemed to boost the spirits of her tipsy friends.

"Good work, Jennie!" Eunwoo congratulated her, standing up unsteadily and clapping her on the shoulder.

Jennie chuckled at her sozzled best friend.

"Thanks, Eunwoo," Jennie smiled.

Bambam stood up, coming to join them, grinning widely.

"I think you need to be recognized as being the 'Best Baby-Daddy,' Jennie," Bambam giggled, looking mischievous, "How about I just spell that on to your leather jacket here?"

"No, Bambam," Jennie sighed, as Bambam drunkenly took out his wand.

"Nah, just a cheeky little patch here," Bambam insisted, gesturing his wand towards the shoulder of Jennie's jacket, "You'll look cool, like a wholesome biker."

"Bambam!" Jennie warned, putting her hand up to try and stop the redhead, "This is my favourite jacket! Don't ruin it!"

"It's not ruining it, it's improving it!" Bambam explained, beginning to wave his wand.

Jennie wasn't about to wait to see how Bambam's drunken spellwork worked out on her favourite jacket. She quickly withdrew her wand.

"Expelliarmus," Jennie said calmly.

Instead of the usual arc out of his hand that the spell should have created, Bambam's wand absolutely flew out of his hand, shooting out a nearby window and shattering the glass.

"Wha? Blimey Jennie!" Bambam exclaimed.

"I've never seen an expelliarmus quite that powerful before," Jisoo commented.

Jennie was surprised. She hadn't put any particular effort into it.

"Woah, I'm so sorry guys," Jennie said, stunned, "Accio Bambam's wand."

Usually an accio took a few moments, as the requested item would need to be summoned by the magic and then carried over to the spell-caster. However, in the blink of an eye, Bambam's wand was in Jennie's hand.

This garnered an excited response from Jennie's intoxicated friends, who all shouted in surprise.

"How did you do that?!" Bambam shouted, a little too loud for Jennie's sober ears, "Can you teach me?!"

"Shush, Bambam," Jennie said irritably, handing him back his wand, "I haven't the foggiest. If you could stop bellowing for a moment I could think."

"Have you been working out?" Lisa suggested. Jennie snorted.

"How on Earth would that affect my magical core?" Jennie said, grinning again.

Lisa shrugged.

"I dunno, just an option," Lisa said, grinning too.

"Ooh, maybe it's that superhuman strength mothers get," Eunwoo speculated wildly, "Y'know, J? The Muggle stories about women that can suddenly lift a car to save their kid?"