Chapter 14

Jennie was late for class, frantically looking about the room.

"Roseanne, where is my satchel?" Jennie asked, pulling on a jean jacket over her white tee. She had already pulled on some black jeans and her converse and was otherwise ready to go.

"You haven't even looked at me this morning," Roseanne grumbled, buttoning up a dress.

"Roseanne-I'm serious, I'm never late! Where is it?" Jennie asked, falling to her hands and knees to peek under the bed, but it was immaculate under there and there was no satchel to be seen.

"Is it because I am repulsive?" Roseanne asked, frowning at her reflection and grabbing her stomach with both hands, "I am so enormous."

"Don't be ridiculous, Roseanne," Jennie said, getting back to her feet and checking around her desk for the third time, "You look breathtaking. Merlin, if I can't find my satchel..."

"It's in your side of the wardrobe," Roseanne replied, her frown fading as she began to brush her hair.

Jennie ran to the wardrobe, pulling the door open. She noticed that 'her side' was in fact half taken up by an overflow of Roseanne's clothing. Her annoyance was paused as she saw her satchel on the floor of the wardrobe.

Jennie beamed with relief, yanking it out and pulling it on her shoulder. If she absolutely sprinted, she might be able to get to class on time.

She hurried across the room.

Roseanne was near the door, still brushing her hair in front of the mirror.

"Okay-gotta-go-have-a-good-day" Jennie rushed, leaning forward without even thinking and pecking Roseanne on the lips before hurrying out the door. Roseanne paused, mild surprise on her face.

As Jennie shut the door behind her, she froze in the hallway realizing what she had just done.

"Oh... Merlin..." Jennie groaned. She leaned against the hallway wall, banging her head against it lightly.

It had been some weird force of habit. They had already fallen into such a domestic dynamic it had felt natural to kiss Roseanne goodbye.

Jennie scrunched her eyes shut, cringing at what the blonde must be thinking. At least she hadn't snapped at Jennie. Not that she had given her time to.

Remembering how horrifically late for class she was, Jennie buried the awkwardness for now, sprinting down the hallway and stairs.

__________

Jennie sat in her last class of the day, scratching away her notes.

It wasn't long until her final exams and she was getting a little anxious about how she was going to balance studying and looking after Roseanne and the baby.

The class wrapped up and Jennie sighed, packing her parchment, quill and ink into her satchel.

"Jennie Kim, would you mind waiting around for a quick chat?" Professor Helios, the lecturer for the class, asked.

Jennie nodded, waiting as the other students filed out for the day. Jennie's mind was already on home. She wondered if Roseanne was going to do more redecorating of their room.

"Jennie, I was wondering if you had given any thought to where you want to focus your career after your final exams," Helios asked.

"Isn't that getting a little ahead of myself?" Jennie asked, quirking a brow, "I'm sure many jobs are dependent on what type of marks you get in the final exams."