Chapter 17

Jennie pulled on a denim shirt over her black jeans.

It was the morning after the party and she had woken up snugly cuddling Roseanne as usual. But it was nicer than usual, knowing that Roseanne was just as content with her.

Now they were getting changed for the day. Roseanne wanted to go and look at baby clothes. Jennie was excited at the prospect. It just made the whole situation seem even more real.

Roseanne was dressed in a loose dress and was tying up her hair in a loose bun.

“Can we have breakfast before we go?” Jennie asked.

Roseanne nodded and they headed out the door. Jennie found her hand drifting to rest in the small of Roseanne's back. It was as if each day went on, she grew more protective of the blonde.

They stepped down the stairs and into the living room. Roseanne stopped to look curiously at a bundle of blankets on one of the couches.

“Oh, Lisa stays here all the time,” Jennie said dismissively, “She usually just crashes on the couch after a party.”

“Sophie?” Roseanne asked, raising her eyebrows.

Jennie's eyes widened as she looked closer. Rugged up together under a fluffy blanket was Lisa and Roseanne's friend Sophie, both in stages of undress.

Lisa looked mortified at being caught, her face turning beet red. Sophie, on the other hand, looked like the cat that had got the cream. Jennie noticed several lovebites on Lisa’s neck.

There was creaking on the staircase behind them and Jennie barely restrained a laugh at Lisa’s expense as Bambam clapped eyes on his sister cosied up with the part-Veela on the couch.

“What the bloody hell?!” Bambam exclaimed, his mouth hanging open, “What—Roseanne's friend—Huh?! I thought you were into me?! You even made that comment about redheads last night!”

“About redheads being more passionate?” Sophie drawled, running a finger down Lisa’s shoulder, “Mm, that was directed at your sister here… And I was correct in my assumptions.”

If it was possible for Lisa to get redder, it happened.

Jennie smirked. It appeared that Sophie had succeeded in seducing the youngest Manoban the previous evening. Jennie had no idea that Lisa was even interested in women. But then, Jennie supposed, she herself hadn’t considered herself that way inclined until she had a part-Veela in her arms either.

“Eurgh!” Bambam groaned, pushing past Jennie in disgust and storming through to the kitchen. Jennie chuckled, pulling a surprised Roseanne along with her to give Lisa some much needed privacy to pull herself together.

Jennie took a seat across the table from Roseanne. She loved admiring the beauty of the part-Veela in the morning light.

Bambam sat down next to Roseanne putting a plate of toast down on the table with a range of spreads.

“I cannot bloody believe this,” Bambam grumbled, “I was convinced I was in there!”

“Better luck next time, Bambam,” Jennie said with slight sympathy. She couldn’t feel too bad for the boy after all the teasing she had endured after her own drunken tryst.

Sophie entered the kitchen, wearing her form fitting dress from the evening before. She flipped her hair over her shoulder, looking preened to perfection. Lisa skulked in behind her, looking extremely sheepish. Sophie took a seat beside Roseanne and Lisa took a seat beside Jennie.

“Nice hickeys, Lisa,” Jennie teased, “Hope you used protection.”

“Oh, I bet you’re enjoying this,” Lisa muttered darkly, blushing.