Capítulo sem título 37

Slowly, the piece of paper was passed, first one desk to the right, then one desk behind. All eyes were kept innocently facing forward, although only the kids in the very front didn't notice quick sharp movements going on behind them. There was a sort of unspoken alliance present in Mr. Brennis' English class. There were no juniors or seniors, and the sophomores were more than happy to work with the freshmen to stave off boredom. It was a given, that were you to write someone's name on a note and slip it to someone next to you, they would do their best to prevent the teacher from seeing, and get it to the recipient. It was also given, that your note would not be read, unless the message was printed right under the recipient's name, in which case that was your own dumb fault.

The current note wouldn't have been a big deal even if someone had read it. It was headed with 'Just some random doodles' and underneath it were a bunch of weird looking symbols and drawings. It really didn't mean much of anything... except for Jake and Davage. The latter was constantly blown away every time he gave the last month's events some thought, which was most of the time. Being transfigured into a scaly green dragon was astounding enough, let alone finding out his newly met neighbor held the ability to transform as well. The last month had been one of constant learning for Davage, whether it was learning how to control his transforming abilities, flight (oh and that had been beyond glorious, despite his horrible landings), fire-breathing, or the changes to his mind.

The doodles on the note, were of course not doodles. Davage had thought at first that the only changes had been physical, but as Jake later told him, he was incorrect. The changes to his mind had been more gradual and slow, but after a month they were almost complete. It was unexplainable, but Davage found himself moving through the air more and more naturally, by pure instinct. When he was morphed, his tail no longer felt like some awkward extra appendage, he maneuvered it with ease. One of the bigger and more fun changes had been gaining knowledge of an entirely new language. Jake didn't have much information on that one, only that it must be some dragon thing. Neither had any knowledge of any other dragons, so a lot of their transforming abilities were still mysteries.

Six hours later and he was back at school, although this time for an entirely different purpose. 

"Let's go." He said. The two stole around an empty building and to the back, where the baseball field was. The two stripped down to their underwear and laid their clothes in a neat pile in one of the dugouts.

They'd long gotten past embarrassment, since neither of the two could morph any clothing besides their underwear yet. Jake was sure that it was possible, but it didn't seem to be that easy.

Since he'd begun to gain control over his transformations, Davage always liked to control his in an odd way. His feet and head started first, hair shrinking into his skull as horns sprouted and his feet turned digitigrade. His wonderful scaly skin began to spread slowly up his legs as his face pushed out into a snout and his neck began to extend. The transformation spread quickly down to his torso, where spikes began to shoot out of his spine. All the while, he was steadily growing larger, longer, and more powerful. He fell onto all four legs which were slowly growing claws and let out a quiet growl of delight as his favorite part came along. Slowly, his spine extended as a spiked pointed tail, snaking out over the grass until it was over two yards long. His wings sprouted out of his back at the same time, slowly spreading into the sky.

"I'll also never understand why you do it like that." Jake said. He always blitzed through the transforming process.

"Because it's fun." Davage said. "Up we go then, eh?" He said in a mock Canadian accent.
"Oh shut up."