Capítulo sem título 92

The small town of Huttsgalor, built on the edge of the vast ocean, housed a plethora of dragon species that worked alongside the human inhabitants in perfect harmony, creating a tight-knit community of kinship between the two races.

Living alongside them was a small group known as the Rescue Riders, an elite team of humans and dragons that kept the peace within the small town. Thanks to them, Huttsgalor was able to grow and prosper, making it a popular spot to buy and sell wares for Vikings all over.

Today was a special day. Dak and Leyla, the leaders of the Rescue Riders, had both turned eighteen years old, thereby reaching adulthood together. As such, the entire town had prepared festivities for their local heroes. Foods and drinks were available plenty, as were multiple games and music to make it a truly unforgettable day.

''Well? Are you enjoying yourself?'' Winger asked Dak coolly. The marine-blue Swiftwing dragon stood a significant head taller than his rider, even on all fours, but it was clear how much he respected his human companion.

Dak smiled and nodded his head, his wild fiery-red hair blowing gently in the salty ocean breeze. ''Absolutely! I can't believe the entire town prepared this for us.'' He eyed Leyla, whose equally fiery-red hair reached shoulder length, and chuckled at her excited hand-gestures she made to Summer.

Summer's more slender build as a Fastfin dragoness matched Leyla's excitement. Both girls chatted away amicably, which had Winger rolling his eyes. ''Women,'' he muttered to Dak, who couldn't help but laugh. ''Even though we have a feminine side as well, they're so different from us.''

Dak nodded his head. Both he and Leyla were raised by dragons since they were little and even possessed some of their DNA. As such, they could perfectly communicate with them. Not only that, but both Dak and Leyla were hermaphrodites, something that was completely common in dragons.

And so, while Dak showed more masculine traits and Leyla more feminine traits, both possessed two reproductive organs that functioned perfectly well. ''As long as they're having fun, I am happy,'' Dak responded, drinking his stout.

Both Leyla and Summer noticed the boys looking and approached them while giggling sweetly. ''Hi guys! We were just talking about you two,'' Leyla said while she was unable to contain her laughter.

''Yeah, remember that rescue mission where we had to enter a mountain?'' Summer added, ruffling her wings in obvious amusement.

''Don't remind me,'' Winger responded flatly, his deep voice gruff. ''I knew it was bad news the moment I smelled something funny, but someone was persistent that we should press on.''

''Hey! In my defense, we were tasked to rescue three newborn hatchlings and my nose isn't as sharp as yours, Wing,'' Dak protested. ''How was I supposed to know you couldn't use your flame breath?''

''It was gas! The odor is easily detected, even for you! How can you expect me to use my flame breath when you know it'd ignite the air and combust!?''

''Why did you use it then!?'' Dak countered, making both Summer and Leyla burst out in laughter.

''You should've seen the look on your faces! Completely covered in soot!'' Leyla giggled at the memory, doing her best to stifle them, but failing spectacularly.

''There's a reason we covered ourselves in water,'' Summer added, her natural affinity with swimming and quick wits making her and her rider immune to the danger.

''Well, in the end Winger and I found the hatchlings, so it didn't matter anyway!'' Dak stated proudly.

''Yeah! Our hunch was correct and we found the hatchlings trapped in that pit!'' Winger puffed up his chest to remedy some of the embarrassment.