Y/N vs Ichigo

It was currently the 3rd period at school. You were talking with your friends. It was everyone (minus Ichigo) trying to get Chad's parakeet to talk. Ever since Yuichi passed onto the Soul Society, the vocabulary of the bird decreased astronomically.

Rukia for some reason hasn't arrived at school yet. Maybe some Shinigami duty came up? It didn't seem like Ichigo was worrying so you assume she had a reason to not be at school.

Chad was back to full health. Thankfully he didn't have any lasting injuries and he was back to normal. As everyone was giving Chad's pet bird attention, Rukia entered the classroom.

Rukia: Good morning! How are you?

(Y/N): Oh. Hey.

Mizuiro: Good morning, Rukia.

Keigo: Ah, looking lovely as always, Rukia.

Mizuiro: This isn't like you. It's already the third period.

Rukia: Sorry, something came up. By the way, Ichigo, (Y/N), may I steal you two for a second?

Ichigo: Huh? What do you want? If you want to talk, then let's do it here.

(Y/N): *whispers* Yo Ichigo, this may have to do with Shinigami stuff.

Ichigo decided to begrudgingly follow Rukia after hearing this. (Y/N) decided to follow suit. The trio stopped at an empty hallway in the school, and Rukia handed Ichigo what looked like candy.

Rukia: Here.

Ichigo: What's this supposed to be?

Rukia: Gikongan. Substitute soul pills. Tablets that force souls from the flesh. I couldn't afford another one for you, (Y/N).

(Y/N) was intrigued by the object. This was exactly what he needed for situations like with Chad. Had Rukia not been present for the battle, (Y/N) wouldn't have a way to activate his Shinigami abilities. (Y/N) didn't have the same monstrous strength that Chad had, nor the spiritual prowess as Rukia. He would just be in the way.

Rukia then gave Ichigo a rundown on the soul pills.

Rukia: Just swallow one, and a substitute soul will enter the body, so the real one can roam free. If the time comes that you must face a Hollow and I'm not around, you can use them to transform into a Shinigami.

Ichigo: It's got "Soul Candy" printed right on here.

Rukia: Oh, that's only because the Soul Society Women's League complained. They didn't like Gikongan. They said it wasn't cute enough, so they decided to change it.

Ichigo: All right. Why is it a duck?

Rukia: Ugh! Shut up. I didn't even order that one, all right? I asked for Chappy the Rabbit.

(Y/N): A rabbit? That would've been way better than a duck.

Rukia: Right? I knew you'd understand (Y/N)!

Ichigo deadpanned at the unusual conversation that seemed to be starting.

Ichigo: Okay. So, I swallow this pill and someone takes over my body?

Rukia: Yep. Swallow one, and it'll all be clear.

Ichigo followed Rukia's instructions and swallowed the pill. As he did so, his soul immediately ejected out of his body and his body got up shortly after. This took (Y/N), despite being given the breakdown. Seeing it actually happen felt surreal.

(Y/N): That's so cool.

And (Y/N) was quick to retract his statement when he heard the body of Ichigo start to talk.