Betray

China was carrying Japan's body down the cellar, he was surprised to find her incredibly light. She was all bruised up too, the scratches along with dirt plastered on her pretty face, who could ever lay a hand on a girl like her? 

"Damn it... this should be easy!" China mutters in protest. She will panic once she sees herself cooped up inside a cell. His father won't elaborate on what occurred at the temple center, he wasn't in a good mood to be jerked around, so it's best he stayed acting an obedient doll. 

"Holy shit! What the fuck did you do to her!" China's heart almost burst out of his chest when someone to his left barged at him, reaching out to grab his collar. "WOAH! Hold on... Korea?" He couldn't believe it, Korea was being held a prisoner too!

"Answer my question!" His eye color was vague, but he could see his slit-formed silver pupils. The bars of his cage shook subtly from his tremendous strength, some essence of his fire oozing out of his restrained power. "I didn't do this, I... I don't know what happened. I'm assuming my father knocked her unconscious..."

"What?! Why?" Korea's booming voice makes China flinch and he closes his eyes in annoyance, "Listen, I don't have the full details. All I know is that I've been tasked to lock her up..." China explains as he lays Japan in a different holding cell; it could only be opened from the outside. "China, you don't have to do this! You must get me out of here, please!" Korea was attempting to make China have a change of heart. China was unsure if he should listen or not, "I don't know... if I do my father will kill me! I let you out and I'm certain I would be the first person he would suspect..."

"Why is he doing this?! What use are we to him?" What business does Qing have that requires them to be condemned in a stuffy area? "You really want to know?" His tone has deepened into a shady vocal; Korea steps back when China came way too close for comfort. "He wants to sell you, sell you all! You alone, as the great descendent of Joseon himself, shall be proven useful for the terrifying Imperial Japan..."

"Imperial Japan has already begun the onset of his reign on my land, there are dozens of bounties placed above my head, and she's one of them!" He accusingly points at the dozing Japan, China hums in understanding. "What difference does it make if I'm caught now? Even if I was handed freely, he's still going to attack anyway! The invasion won't stop, trust me!" With his pleading eyes, he hopes China will use his common senses and set him free. His father is always bragging about what a smart boy he is, China debates if all this is seriously worth it.

"Qing is merely alleviating the effort in capturing you. Perhaps offering you as a bargain... If that doesn't work, then I wonder if putting his very own daughter's life on the line would do it..." China's gaze switches to Japan. 

"That's your prediction? To use her as a hostage in case plan A fails? What do you think would happen if none of them worked?"

"That's where Mongolia comes in... I don't know anything about their relationship, but giving Mongolia's land might appease the Japanese Empire..." Mongolia might not have been the most... kindest host, but after being with him for weeks he has gained enough of Korea's trust. "Do you hear yourself? Your father is a monster! He's going far to sell his brethren to save his own skin!"

China's eyes furrow in contempt, what Korea said was true... however, "My dad is doing what's best for his people, for his subjects, for the kingdom. Whatever excessive decisions he makes, even when they're considered out of line, he does it for the well of his Dynasty..."

"Really? Do you think he'd sell you off if it were a good cause?" He argues back, China was about to answer but stopped in reconsideration.

...

No... his father won't do that... would he?

He shakes his head, this wasn't any time to second guess, "I believe I told you enough, I have stayed here longer than I should've. 告別..." He leaves the underground prison, Korea reaches out, screaming for his name, "No! China! Don't leave us in here!" His only source of light was vanquished as the outside door was closed. China leans on the door, sighing deeply.