Chapter 2

[Dusk hits the zoo, and the staff roams the zoo with a band of chefs and groomers to relax the exhausted animals of their hard work. The three pets stayed hidden until the party for the 10 year old zebra started.

Marty was getting his hooves polished like shoes and receives a fresh patch of green grass from the chef as a birthday meal.

Gloria said "This is the life." Gloria receives a wide variety of fruit for her meal while drying in a big towel and polish nails for a massage.

Melman is still getting medical treatment "That's the spot. A chef reveals a tray full of medications and vitamins to make him feel better "Oh! I'm in heaven."

Alex seems to get the most treatment out of all the animals and receives mane grooming, nail trimming, and a full pack of steak meal which he devours in a number of seconds leaving a bone. And later that night, the zoo animals and the pets gather through a small party to celebrate Marty's 10th birthday.

Gloria cheered "Ooh, it's Marty's birthday!"

Alex said "Just rip it open. Come on!"
Odie barked happily.

Garfield said "Don't leave us hanging."

Vic said "Open it!"

Marty asked "What is it? What is it?"

Gloria said "Come on. Open it up. What you get? What you get? What you get?"

Marty opened his gift to show that it was a thermometer "Yeah! A thermometer. Thanks. I love it, Melman. I love it." He puts it in his mouth with style

Melman said "Yeah, I wanted to give you something personal. You know, that was my first rectal thermometer."

Marty freaked out when he heard that "Mother-?!" Marty proceeds to gag at the thought and spits out the thermometer while licking his tongue trying to get the germs off.

Melman said "I'll miss that bad boy."

Alex said "Okay. Get the cake. Melman, come on."

Everyone began singing ♪ Hmmmm... ♪

Everyone sang in parts "Happy" "birth-" "day" "to"

Odie barked for the 'you.' 'You'
"live" "in" "a zoo." "You" "look"
"like" "a" "mon-" "key."

Melman holds the long note "Aaaaand" "You" "smell" "like"  "one" "too!" They all laughed

Mason spat out the coffee "I say!"

Phil got up shocked then he smelled his armpits and faints from the smell.

Marty said "Aw, well, now, you guys are just embarrassing me. And yourselves."

Alex said "What are you talking about? We worked on that all week."

Garifeld said "I had to practice too, even on Mondays. I didn't like it."

Gloria said holding out Marty's cake "Let's go. Let's make a wish, babycakes."

Marty took a moment to think about his wish then he blew out the candle shaped like a 10 then takes a big bite of the cake.

Alex said "Come on. What'd you wish for?"

Marty said "Nope. Can't tell you that."

Alex said "Come on. Tell."

Vic said "Can't even tell us? Man some friend you are."

Marty said "No, siree. I'm telling you, it's bad luck. You want some bad luck, I'll blab it out. But if you want to be safe, I'll keep my mouth shut."