Chapter 5

Alex his eyes glow in the dark) Ugh... Oh, my head." He bumps his head "Oh! Ah! What the...? Wait. Where...? What...? I'm in a box! Oh, no. No, no! Not the box. Oh, no, they can't transfer me. Not me!" He began whimpering "Oh, I can't breathe. I can't breathe. Darkness creeping in. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. Walls closing in around me. So alone. So alone."

Marty said as his eyes open "Alex! Alex, are you there?"

Alex asked "Marty?"

Marty said "Yeah! Talk to me, buddy."

Alex said "Oh, Marty! You're here!" Marty asked "What's going on? Are you OK?" Alex said "This doesn't look good, Marty."

Gloria asked as her eyes open "Alex? Marty, is that you?" Marty said "Gloria!" Alex said "You're here too!"

Marty said "I am loving the sound of your voice!" Gloria asked "What is going on?" Alex said "We're all in crates." Gloria said "Oh, no! Wha...?"

Garifeld asked as his, Odie and Vic's eyes open "Wha-? What happened?" Alex said "Garfield,  is that you?" Garifeld said "Yeah, yeah it's us. Are we being transferred?"

Alex said "Yeah."

Melman then opens his eyes "Oh... Sleeping just knocks me out."

Gloria shouted "Melman!"
Alex shouted "Melman!" Marty asked "Is that Melman?"
Gloria asked "Are you OK?"

Melman said "Yeah. No, I'm fine." he yawned "I often doze off while I'm getting an MRI."

Alex said "Melman, you're not getting an MRI."

Melman asked "CAT scan?"

Alex said "No! No CAT scan. It's a transfer. It's a zoo transfer!"

Melman freaked out "Zoo transfer?! Oh, no. No, no, I can't be transferred. I have an appointment with Dr. Goldberg at 5:00." Gloria said "Melman. Melman! Calm down, Melman. Relax."

Marty said "Melman. Calm down, Melman."

Melman freaked out "There are prescriptions that have to be filled. No other zoo could afford my medicine care! And I am not going HMO!" Marty said "Take it easy, Melman. It's gonna be OK. We are going to be okizay."

Alex said "No, Marty. We're not going to be okizay. Now because of you, we're ruined!"

Marty said "Because of me? I fail to see how this is my fault."

Gloria asked "You're kidding, right, Marty?"

Vic said "You know this happens every time to other animals that bit the hand."

Alex said "Yeah! You! You ticked off the people. You bit the hand, Marty. You bit the hand." He mimicked. "I don't know who I am. I don't know who I am. I got to go find myself in the wild!" Oh, please."

Marty said "Hey, hey. I did not ask you to come after me, did I?"

Melman said "He does have a point."

Alex asked "What?"

Melman said "I did say we should stay at the zoo, but you guys--"

Alex cuts him off, as the view changes to outside of the boxes "Melman, just shut it! You're the one who suggested this whole idea to him in the first place."

Gloria said "Alex, leave Melman out of this, please."

Melman said "Thank you, Gloria. Besides, Alex, it's not my fault that we were transferred."

Gloria said "Melman, shut it. Does anybody feel nauseous?"

Melman said "I feel nauseous."

Alex said "Melman, you always feel nauseous."

Vic asked "Hey does anyone smell saltwater?"

The horn blares from the ship freighter as Kowalski tries to read the yellow paper from a box.

Skipper said "Progress report."

Kowalski said "It's an older code, Skipper. I can't make it out."

Skipper said "Hmm... You, higher mammal."

Mason asked "Hmm?"

Skipper asked "Can you read?"

Mason said "No. Phil can read, though. Phil!" Phil gets up from a pile of cans as Kowalski taps to the yellow paper quickly as Phil is making a sign language of what does it mean "Hmm... Ship to Kenya Wildlife Preserve, Africa!"

Skipper said "Africa? That ain't going to fly. Rico!"

Rico pulled out a paper clip, makes a shape that looks like a key and unlocks the crate. The penguins started to attack the guards and infiltrate the captain's deck and knocked him out. They are now in control of the ship. Cut to Alex and Marty still arguing inside their crates.

Gloria shouted "Guys!"

Alex said "I was the star in the greatest city on Earth!"

Gloria said "Guys, listen."

Alex shouted "A king! Loved by my people!"

Garfield said "Guys calm down."

Gloria said "Okay look! Let's just be civil."

Vic said "Please calm down."
Alex shouted "And you've ruined everything!"

Gloria said "Guys, guys! Quit it up there!"

Marty shouted "Loved"? If the people loved you, it's only because they didn't know the real you!"

Gloria said "Don't make me come up there. I'd get the whooping on both of y'all!"

Vic said "One more buzzword out of you two I'm coming up there."

Alex said "I thought I knew the real you! Oh wait, Marty. Your black-and-white stripes, they cancel each other out. OW! You're nothing!"

Gloria said "Let's – let's just talk about it like adults. You're so scary!"

Melman said holding his hooves to his head "Stop it, stop it, stop it!"

Gloria said "Hey! Listen. You're not helping the situation!"

Skipper said "Status!"

Private said nervously "It's no good, Skipper. I don't know the codes."

Skipper said angrily "Don't give me excuses! Give me results!! Navigation." Kowalski tries to investigate, but there's nothing "All right. Let me think. And shut him up!" Rico slaps the Captain
Private completed the Override code "I did it!"

Skipper said as there was an Alarm blaring "Let's get this tin can turned around!"

As Kowalski turns the wheel, the boat begins to tilt slowly. The crates started to skid across the deck and towards the rail. Alex peeps out and notices Gloria's box sliding towards his

Gloria screamed "Oh!"

Gloria crashes into Alex, and the rail breaks, causing the four boxes to fall into the sea, with the animals screaming in terror. The currents start to wash them apart.

Alex said "Guys? Oh, no. Gloria! Melman! Marty! Garfield! Vic! Odie!"

Marty shouted "Alex!"

Alex shouted "Marty?!"

Marty shouted "Alex!"

Alex said "Marty! No, wait. Come back, Marty! Don't go." Night falls, Alex is asleep and a wave bumps His Crate as he falls into the mysterious Island that has a jungle and Alex feels scared and lonely and tries to call his friends while dodging some of the water "Marty? Melman? Gloria? Garfield? Vic? Odie?! Marty?! Melman?! Vic?! Garifeld?! Odie?! Gloria?! Marty! Ah! Ooh! Ooh! Melman! Gloria! Ooh! Ooh! Ah! Ah! Hey, anyone! Hello!"