Chapter 8

Back with Alex and his parents they were walking him somewhere.
Florrie said "Easy now."
Zuba said "Watch your step. And right here... OK, are you ready?" They showed him his room "This is where you always slept."
Alex said happily "Oh, man! Wow. Was this mine?"
Zuba said "Look at you. Look at him."
Alex said "Oh, this thing. Look, look! I remember this!"
Zuba said "He remembers."
Alex said "A little harder than..."
Zuba said "You never slept on the right end. You always slept on the bottom end."
Alex asked "Is that? Is that my? Is that me?"
Florrie said "You had the cutest little paws."
Zuba said "Little, little bitty ol' paws."
Florrie said "You did that the day we lost you."
Alex said "Wow. I was so young. What happened to me?"
Zuba said "It was all my fault. I turned my back a minute and..."
Florrie said "It was not your fault. Your father did everything he could. He tracked those hunters for weeks. Far off the reserve."

Zuba said "Finally, I had to assume the hunters....well..."
Florrie said "We thought they'd killed you."
Zuba said "But my son fought them off! Don't mess with the King of New York!"
Alex said "That's right!"
Zuba said "Keep your chin in.
Florrie said "Alright. You boys be careful! Now watch out before you break something. You used to call this "foofie.""
Alex said ""Foofie"? Foofie."
Zuba said "He doesn't want that."
Zuba grabs the Foofie away from Alex
Alex said "This is my foofie!"
Florrie said "Zuba, you better give him his foofie."
Alex said "I mean, no, thank you, thank you. It's perfect."
Zuba said "Son, you get your rest. You have a big day tomorrow. You'll gonna need all your strength."
Alex said "I will bring the house down for you."
Florrie said "I hope so. Otherwise, your father will have to banish you."
Alex asked "Jeez, Mom, really?"
Zuba said "I know you'll do us proud. You know why? You were born with it. Good night, Alakay. My boy. My own boy. My son's a king. My son's a king."

Alex said "Good night, Mom."
Florrie said "Good night, Alakay."

Alex played with his blanket "Foofie. Look at foofie! My foofie! Foofie, foofie, foofie. My foofie!" The mother lions covered their cubs ears.

From the jungle, the humans are getting lost and were tired.
Cameraman said "No sign of civilization. Everybody appears very tired. I think we're lost. Hey Nana, do you know where you're going?"
Nana said "No, but I'm going with a skip in my step and a smile on my face."
Cameraman said "Sure, right, OK. Yeah, all right."

A rustle in the bushes caused them to look. Some more people came out from the opposite direction.
"Oh, It's people." "Where did you come from?" "How did you get out here?" "How did you get here?" "Can you help us? We're lost." "We're lost too."

"It was awful. A flash of black and white and they were gone. They took the jeep!" "That happened to our jeep too!"
"What do we do?" "How will we all survive?" "We got nothing. No food, no water, no shelter. What are we gonna do?!"
Nana whistled to get their attention while making a fire "You can let nature get the best of you, or you can get the best of nature. Gather 'round, children. We're New Yorkers, right?" "Yeah."
Nana said "We survive the concrete jungle! When we need food, we hunt for a decent hot dog stand. Am I right?" "She's right."
Nana said "When we need shelter, we build skyscrapers."
"Exactly!"
Nana said "When we need water, we build a dam." "Come on, We're New Yorkers, for crying out loud!"
Nana said "If we can make it there, we can make it anywhere!"

Mort said "I'm coming, King Julien!" He starts to sing before he gets attack by a shark and runs off "Bad fishy! Bad fishy! No, shark, no! Sit! Why am I laughing?"

Kowalski said "Skipper, we have all the parts we need, but we're slightly behind schedule."
Skipper asked "How slightly?"
Kowalski replied "Uh, Six to nine years."
Skipper asked "Sixty-nine years?"
Kowalski corrected "No, six to nine years."
Skipper asked "Private! What happened to our thumbs?"

Private said "Haven't seen them since yesterday, sir." He drops the screwdriver that's in his hands "Darn you, Darwin!" Then the jeep hood fell on him.

Skipper said "Nobody goes AWOL on my watch. Private! You're coming with me. Rico! You're coming with me! We'll track them down and bring them in for court martial."

Mason said "That won't be necessary! We've recruited a few extra thumbs for you, Skipper."

Skipper said "Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle."

Mason said "Oh, I doubt that."

Skipper said "Enough lollygagging. Now let's get to work. We'll divide into three groups. Group Alpha, you're in charge for sheet metal fabrication. Group Bronson, you handle the assembly. Group George Peppard, you'll handle craft services. Any questions? Good! Now let's get to work. I'd like to kiss you, monkey man."
Mason said "All right, but you're so darn ugly." He then kissed skipper making skipper cringe.