44- Bodies

Warning- Violence and Death

      I need out of these halls.

      That's what she was going to do. She bailed on fighting, ignoring Myth yelling at her and calling her a coward as she chased her. Stella dodged all the attempts Myth made when she would appear in front of Stella.

      "Give up! I'm not fighting with you anymore!" Stella yelled when she was running backward. "God-" Myth disappeared, Stella heard the sword slice through the air, Stella brought her elbow back and it collided with Myth's face. Stella teleported a foot away before the blade could slice through her.

      That is actually so unfair.

     Stella shook her head, she disappeared again when Myth turned to look at her. "Stella!" The word echoed through the halls, Myth grunted and threw the sword to the floor. Myth's chest heaved, and she turned in circles. Her hand suddenly met her head and she leaned forward as there was screeching in her ears, "Agh!" She stumbled around, her hands sometimes hitting at her ears. A scream erupted from her throat and her hands came down before she filtered away, leaving silence in the collapsed halls.

     ~

     Stella appeared outside, on the bridge. She could see the group on the bigger island. She grunted, picking up her feet and running.

     Fuck, that's tiring. No wonder she needs to be fueled.

     Teleporting. It took a lot of energy.

     Stella made it to them, they were all standing around and catching their breath. No one was chasing after them, which was quite... Odd. It wasn't normal. They made such a fuss about them leaving but they're doing nothing to keep them there. Absolutely nothing.

     "Fuck, I need a cigarette." A voice said, also out of breath. She looked over but suddenly there were arms around her, they were slim, they were Angel's.

     "Oh my God, you're okay!" Angel pulled away, her hands cupping Stella's face. "I thought... I passed out and before... You weren't moving...."

     "I'm okay, Angel," Stella reassured, her hands grabbing Angel's wrists and pulling her arms down gently. "Is Nova?"

     "Yeah," Angel took a step back and looked in the direction where Nova was sitting, Elita looking at her wound. "She should be." Stella exhaled, she looked over at Phoenix who was approaching Lana. 

     "You okay?" Phoenix asked, Lana just nodded. It was her who said the cigarette thing. "A cigarette?" Phoenix crossed her arms, Lana only scoffed but she didn't say anything. Only sometimes glancing at Nova.

     Stella raised a brow, she glanced back at Angel who looked worryingly at Nova.

     Oh.

     "Yeah, they're disgusting but..." Lana shook her head, "I'm exhausted."

    "Your lungs will be too." Phoenix reached around Lana and into the pocket of the girl's skirt and pulled out a box. "They're disgusting yet you keep them on you at all times?" Phoenix asked as she opened the box and took out a cigarette. "Yeah, I've noticed them."

     Lana looked up at Phoenix, "I have no lighter." Lana said, her arms crossed over her legs. Phoenix shrugged and walked away towards two people not far from the rest but at a noticeable distance.

     The girl tapped the shorter shoulder, "Desperate times?" The taller one asked, glancing at the cigarette in Phoenix's hand.

     "Hm. Yeah, I guess so." She glanced back at Lana who wasn't paying attention, a frown on her lips. Toxin raised his hand, and a small ball of flame ignited above his palm, Phoenix moved her hand towards it. "The geniuses didn't check our pockets. It's not mine, either."

      "Surprising. Clickers love to smoke." Raven shrugged.