Joy|| 13

Raven POV

I wake up in the early hours of the morning, the Tower shrouded in darkness. The silence feels heavy, but it's the perfect time for my daily meditation. I slip out of bed, the cool floor sending a shiver through my feet. Grabbing my cloak, I pull up the hood, letting the familiar fabric fall around me. The lavender scent of my room lingers on my cloak as I make my way toward the stairs.

Beast Boy has been on my mind a lot lately. It's been months since he left, and every day feels emptier without him. I can't help but wonder if he thinks about me too.

As I reach the stairs, my thoughts are interrupted by a soft noise from above. Footsteps on the roof? My heart quickens. It could be a villain, but it could also be... I shake my head, not wanting to get my hopes up.

I ascend the stairs slowly, my senses on high alert. The soft creak of the steps echoes in the quiet tower. I reach the door, my hand trembling slightly as I reach for the handle. My palms are sweaty, my heart racing. I push the door open, and the first thing I see are emerald-colored eyes.

Oh my god. It's him. It's really him. Beast Boy is back! After all this time. I fling the door wide and run to him, wrapping him in a tight hug.

"Whoa, that's a little... tight, R-Raven," Beast Boy says, his voice light and joking despite the red hue spreading across his face.

"S-sorry, Beast Boy," I respond, embarrassed, letting go of him. I look into his eyes, those beautiful emerald eyes, and I can't help but smile. Joy overcomes me; I'm so happy to see him again.

"I guess someone really missed me," Beast Boy says, his eyes twinkling as he looks at me. He's grown so much taller, his muscles more defined. His biceps have almost tripled in size.

I blush heavily, covering my face with my hood, but as I'm putting it on, Beast Boy stops me.

"You look so pretty without the hood covering your face, Raven," he says, staring at me. His words catch me by surprise.

"W-what? Do you really mean that?" I ask, stepping closer to him. I can feel the warmth of his body, the comfort his presence gives me.

"Yes, Rae, I truly mean it," he says, giving me one of his goofy grins.

"T-thank you..." I say, looking away, my face turning super red.

"How was the trip? Are you okay? Are you tired? Do you want to sleep?" I bombard him with questions, unable to contain my worry and curiosity.

"Can you ask me questions later? I'm kind of tired, Rae Rae. We can have a little private conversation later once I wake up," Beast Boy says, yawning.

"Okay..." I say, obvious disappointment in my voice.

"I missed you so much, Raven," Beast Boy says, putting his hand on my cheek and staring into my eyes.

"I missed you too," I say, embracing him tightly one last time before he walks away toward his room.

I watch him go, my heart feeling lighter than it has in months. I'm so glad he's back. I hope we can talk soon, I think to myself as I walk toward my usual meditation spot. But I can't focus. My thoughts keep drifting back to Beast Boy. I'm so curious to know more about him, to hear about his journey, to understand what he's been through.

I sigh as I get up from my meditation position and walk toward my room. My meditation session was pointless because I kept thinking of Beast Boy. I decide to get a little more sleep so I can ask him more questions later. As I lie back down, I can't help but smile, knowing that he's finally home.

Authors Note:
Sorry for the short chapter I hoped you guys enjoy reading it though, thanks for all the support, my book has grown quite a bit. Thank you all.