Haze||32

Raven POV

I sit cross-legged on the floor of my room, eyes closed, attempting to find a semblance of peace within the chaos of my mind. The room is dimly lit, shadows pooling in the corners and the silence pressing in around me. I focus on my breathing, trying to draw strength from the rhythm, but my thoughts are relentless.

Slade's voice echoes in my mind, a dark whisper that taints my attempts at tranquility. His cold eyes, his cruel smile – they haunt me, refusing to be silenced. The more I try to push the memories away, the stronger they become, until they're all I can see and hear.

My heart races, my breath quickens, and I feel the familiar surge of my powers building inside me, slipping out of my control. I try to suppress it, to regain my focus, but it's no use. The darkness within me surges, feeding on my fear and anger.

A sudden, violent burst of energy erupts from me, shattering the mirror across the room. Glass shards fly in all directions, reflecting the dim light like jagged, accusing stars. The sound is deafening in the silence, a cruel reminder of my failure to maintain control.

"Raven!" Beast Boy's voice is muffled but urgent through the door, followed by the sound of his frantic knocking. "Are you okay?"

I struggle to steady my breathing, my voice trembling as I respond, "No, I'm not."

There's a brief pause, and then his voice comes again, softer but no less concerned. "Can I come in?"

I hesitate, but the need for comfort, for connection, outweighs my pride. "Yes," I say, my voice barely above a whisper.

The door opens cautiously, and Beast Boy steps inside, his eyes wide with worry. He takes in the shattered mirror, the scattered glass, and then his gaze settles on me. "Raven... what happened?"

I look away, ashamed of my lack of control. "I... I couldn't focus. The memories... they're too strong. I tried to meditate, but..."

He moves closer, carefully avoiding the glass shards, and sits beside me. "It's okay," he says gently. "You don't have to explain. I get it."

"No, you don't," I snap, my voice sharper than I intended. "You can't understand what it's like to have these powers, to feel like you're constantly on the edge of losing control."

His eyes are filled with pain, but also determination. "Maybe I don't understand exactly what it's like, but I know what it's like to feel powerless, to be afraid. And I'm here for you, no matter what. We all are."

I close my eyes, tears stinging behind my lids. "I feel so broken, Beast Boy. Every time I think I'm making progress, it all comes crashing down. I don't know how to move past this."

He reaches out, hesitates for a moment, and then gently places a hand on my shoulder. "You're not broken, Raven. You've been through hell, but you're still here. That counts for something. And you don't have to do this alone. Lean on us. Lean on me."

I open my eyes, meeting his gaze. The sincerity in his eyes, the unwavering support, gives me a sliver of hope. "I'm scared," I admit, my voice barely audible. "I'm scared of losing control, of hurting someone."

"We'll help you," he says, his voice steady. "One step at a time. We'll figure this out together."

I take a deep, shuddering breath, trying to absorb his words, to let them anchor me. "Thank you," I whisper, the words feeling inadequate but sincere.

He smiles, a small but genuine smile that reaches his eyes. "Always, Rae. Now, let's clean up this mess, and then we can figure out the next step."

I nod, a fragile but real sense of hope beginning to bloom within me. With Beast Boy by my side, I feel like maybe, just maybe, I can start to reclaim the pieces of myself that Slade tried to destroy. One step at a time, I will find my way back.

Authors Note
Thank you so much for all the continued support, the story will be coming to an end soon, sorry. I just haven't really found much inspiration to continue writing this story, but I will be writing a new book soon!